Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Please be brutally honest!!!!!!!  (Read 1637 times)

procrastinator

• View Profile
Re: Please be brutally honest!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 12:32:44 AM »

TITCR if you are WILLING to wait another year and if you did not prep as well as you absolutely could have. If you can increase your score to say, 162-3, you will be in much better shape. Get it to a 165 and I think you're in a T14 or Boalt.
[/quote]

I don't think so.  I don't know where people on this board got the notion that Boalt weighs UGPA so heavily.  I had a 166/3.95 from a respectable UG and got waitlisted then rejected from Boalt two years ago. I applied during the first week of October.  I had great WE, solid PS and an impressive and clearly focused resume.

casper86

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 02:41:31 AM »
I am a 2007 grad from a non-first-tier CA ABA school which will remain nameless for the purpose of keeping my anonymity. Casper, the truth is that virtually anyone can get into some kind of law school. The only things that really matter for law school selection are 1) debt load required to attend and 2) career prospects available to those outside the top 10%. In CA, the only 4 schools that offer good career prospects are: Stanford, Boalt, UCLA, and USC. You have a shot at a decent firm from Davis or Hastings. All other schools are similar in terms of career prospects, and you should go to whichever school offers you the biggest scholarship.

As for getting in, I can assure you with confidence that you will get in somewhere in CA. You may even be offered a scholarship at a 3rd or 4th tier school.

Thanks for the boost in confidence. For me, the debt is the biggest concern. So, yes, I'd rather opt for the low tier that will give some good $$- but then again it's like I am the most desirable applicant..lol

Rule of Reason

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 08:35:38 PM »
you're fine, but as someone who had a 2.8 and a 160, I'd bet you could pull up that lsat a bit...

If not, you'll still make it...

casper86

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2007, 12:14:13 PM »
you're fine, but as someone who had a 2.8 and a 160, I'd bet you could pull up that lsat a bit...

If not, you'll still make it...

I wish I could pull it up. But, I have seen all the LSAT questions ever given. So, I don't how I can possibly raise my score.