Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NYU Law Class of 2011!  (Read 29632 times)

RTP2008

• View Profile
Re: NYU Law Class of 2011!
« Reply #190 on: April 27, 2008, 01:09:57 AM »
We need more than pretty sure, Bud.  Post an image of a deposit receipt.
NYU 2011

RTP2008

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 27, 2008, 12:18:42 PM »
Dude you have like 2 or 3 days after you accept, but if you talk to Adorno then maybe she'll save your seat anyway. But you have to pay the 450
NYU 2011

RTP2008

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 27, 2008, 01:34:15 PM »
after you get the official award letter it says that you need to submit the deposit soon and your tax forms thereafter
NYU 2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 27, 2008, 02:09:35 PM »
after you get the official award letter it says that you need to submit the deposit soon and your tax forms thereafter

I asked Kendra. So just let me figure it out, okay?

I can help you figure it out: send your $450 deposit to my paypal account. Thank you in advance.

schooler

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 27, 2008, 05:39:44 PM »
wow some hostility already and not even competition yet for that elusive A
NYU Class of 2011

Whelk

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 28, 2008, 05:31:17 PM »

LOL

All is good. I am getting super excited for NYU. I can't wait to meet everyone!

I'm really excited too. I thought this might be fun for anyone who hasn't seen it. Makes NYU seem like its gonna be alot of fun. http://youtube.com/watch?v=PP5Sw8pLVOc

RTP2008

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 02, 2008, 01:52:48 AM »
If that song gets stuck in my head at any point during my library visit, I'll probably hunt everyone related to law revue down. 

LOL

All is good. I am getting super excited for NYU. I can't wait to meet everyone!

I'm really excited too. I thought this might be fun for anyone who hasn't seen it. Makes NYU seem like its gonna be alot of fun. http://youtube.com/watch?v=PP5Sw8pLVOc
NYU 2011

mmg3327

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #197 on: May 02, 2008, 06:13:12 PM »
Hey folks.... I just deposited.  Now what do I do? 

I mean, besides wait two seconds before I swi-ipe...

mmg3327

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #198 on: June 10, 2008, 09:06:18 AM »
Did any of you choose NYU over Chicago?  If so, can you elaborate on why?  I'm struggling to make the decision...

Rhymnoceros

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I'm the mother flippin'"
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #199 on: June 11, 2008, 01:00:06 PM »
Did any of you choose NYU over Chicago?  If so, can you elaborate on why?  I'm struggling to make the decision...

I chose NYU over Chicago. Based on my interests (death penalty work), it was a no-brainer. It depends on what you want to do, but in just about every field NYU places much better then U Chicago. It's obviously the case for PI work or government work, but also for BigLaw placement, especially in NYC, the biglaw capital of the world.

Chicago has some pluses over NYU, mainly clerkship placement, although the gap there is not huge and has narrowed lately. Professor placement is also higher, but once again not a huge gap. Both of these seem largely influenced by self selection as well so its hard to tell. Brian Leiter has good rankings on the topic, but he himself admits that self selection is a problem.

NYU just seems to have better oppurtunities in more fields: much better clinics, better biglaw placement, better PI placement, better government placement, as well as amazing placement for summer jobs and for fellowships. And the areas where Chicago does have an edge are few and that edge is quite slim.

I chose NYU because it seemed like it would open more doors. NYC wasn't too big of a plus at the time, although now the more i think about it the more excited i am to be living in NYC and have so much exposure to all of its resources. I've been browsing NYU's summer placement guides (man i'm a gunner) and the myriad of unbelivable summer oppurtunities right outside my door is amazing. Chicago, while a great city, just can't compete with that.