Law School Discussion

NYU Law Class of 2011!

Re: NYU Law Class of 2011!
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2008, 11:06:45 AM »
majmum, my apologies...i did not see your response until after i had re-posted my question here.  I would never doubt your wisdom.  Aporia, thank you so much!  im psyched!

Majmun

• Now Featuring Excess Whiteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2008, 11:52:29 AM »
majmum, my apologies...i did not see your response until after i had re-posted my question here.  I would never doubt your wisdom. 

Phase I is complete!

« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2008, 11:56:53 AM »
i want to know my aid now! 

NYU is waiting so late.  It may be more difficult to negotiate with them or other schools.   :-\

You're not the only one. Many of us are very curious about our aid packages. I'm more curious about visiting the school next week and seeing what I think.

« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2008, 03:59:07 PM »
So my avatar has changed from NYU to NU after the one year deferred full scholarship.  I'm not going to lie, I am kind of loathing at this thread, wishing I hadn't received the offer (indeed I predicted I would be outright rejected by NU). Of course that isn't true, but seeing as I can find the most NYU trolls right here, can anyone give me any advice?

take the money and run

« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2008, 04:29:42 PM »
So my avatar has changed from NYU to NU after the one year deferred full scholarship.  I'm not going to lie, I am kind of loathing at this thread, wishing I hadn't received the offer (indeed I predicted I would be outright rejected by NU). Of course that isn't true, but seeing as I can find the most NYU trolls right here, can anyone give me any advice?

Definitely take the money and run. Northwestern rules, chicago rules, and a free legal education at a great school rules so hard. Run.

« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2008, 04:58:35 PM »

I loved NYU when I visited and know nothing about Northwestern or Chicago, but seriously, take the money and run. Enjoy the year off and graduating law school with hardly any debt.

« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2008, 09:34:18 PM »

It sounds like you want to go to NYU, so go there.  Try to negotiate some money from them with your other offer.  I'm saying go to NYU because it seems what you want to do, personally there is a good chance i'd go to a school like Northwestern (I don't particularly like that school, which is why I didn't apply) with a full ride over NYU, but your going to make enough money anyway you should do what you want to do.

« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2008, 07:57:16 AM »

It sounds like you want to go to NYU, so go there.  Try to negotiate some money from them with your other offer.  I'm saying go to NYU because it seems what you want to do, personally there is a good chance i'd go to a school like Northwestern (I don't particularly like that school, which is why I didn't apply) with a full ride over NYU, but your going to make enough money anyway you should do what you want to do.

hmm. run! and dont look back!  ;)

« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2008, 04:09:59 PM »
Anyone know if NYU's aid awards are for all 3 years or do they do it a year at a time?

Hopefully we'll start getting award packages this week.

« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2008, 04:17:58 PM »
I read on TLS that some people already heard back over the last couple days but they received NOTHING!