Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Need more reach schools- Suggestions  (Read 462 times)

Poetgirl80

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Need more reach schools- Suggestions
« on: December 21, 2007, 12:39:15 PM »
3.88 degree; 3.79 LSDAS; 158 LSAT

My pre-score apps include:
Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, UVA, Baylor, SMU, Houston, Oklahoma, Colorado, William & Mary, and several T3/T4 "safeties".

Of the above-named schools, I'm thinking I'll only get 3-4 offers... I'm looking to add another 1 - 3 schools that I have a decent shot at. Any suggestions? I've heard good things about Tulane, but I know some of the laws in LA are different than in other states... is that a problem when it comes to passing another state's bar?

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Need more reach schools- Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 01:04:20 PM »
On Tulane:

Tulane offers both common law (other states) and civil law (Louisiana) programs.  3/4 of the students take only common law classes and leave the state when they graduate.  Our bar passage rates are solid throughout the nation.

big - fat - box

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 08:12:27 AM »
Are you a URM ? If not, Vandy, UVA, ND, and WM are probably not going to admit you.

Where do you have residency? Look into state law schools there and investigate the residency policies at some other state schools. If you have to take out loans for school, the big debt load is not going to be worth it for the job options you will get out of the schools that are likely to admit you.

My best advice is to get an in-state tuition discount any way you can.

UFBoldAsLove

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 09:21:22 AM »
UF & FSU.
Vandy 1L... really?