Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT addendum  (Read 810 times)

need advice 123

• View Profile
LSAT addendum
« on: December 21, 2007, 12:54:33 AM »
where does it go and what is an appropriate length?  Thanks

LSLady

• View Profile
Re: LSAT addendum
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 12:56:12 AM »
Attach it with your other forms

1/2 page double spaced seems appropriate to me.  I wouldn't go too long because adcomms will likely lose interest and it might seem a little desperate/unconfident.

fsohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 12:58:17 AM »
Mine was about 200 words.  I submitted it via email to Michigan, and the kind people at the office there made sure it got into my application package for review.

PS- Michigan, please accept me :)

need advice 123

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 01:27:27 AM »
does it need to be labeled with a title or anything

aporia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 07:33:05 AM »
does it need to be labeled with a title or anything

Yes.  As with anything else in your application, it should be as user-friendly for the Admissions Committee as possible.  I suggest that you put "Addendum Regarding LSAT Score" in bold letters at the top, and make sure to put your name and LSAC number on the page.

I second the previous advice to keep the addendum short and sweet -- the Admissions Committee doesn't want to read any more than they have to.
Columbia 2011

gclemen1

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 10:18:08 AM »
What is the reason that you are writing an LSAT addendum?  Many times, it doesn't help, and even hurts the applicant because they come off as whiny and unresponsible for their actions

need advice 123

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 12:05:13 PM »
What is the reason that you are writing an LSAT addendum?  Many times, it doesn't help, and even hurts the applicant because they come off as whiny and unresponsible for their actions

I just feel that my LSAT score is not a true indication of my abilities (I realize everyone probably feels that way).  Also according to my SAT score I probably should never have graduated from college so standardized tests arent really my strong suit.

gclemen1

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 05:33:50 PM »
ok, thats actually one of the only good reasons to write one.  Make sure to mention your SAT scores and any other standarized tests scores, and then highlight your performance in college!

need advice 123

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 06:03:16 PM »
ok, thats actually one of the only good reasons to write one.  Make sure to mention your SAT scores and any other standarized tests scores, and then highlight your performance in college!

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

lalalagirl007

• Sr. Citizen
  • fierceness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 06:47:25 PM »

I just feel that my LSAT score is not a true indication of my abilities (I realize everyone probably feels that way).  Also according to my SAT score I probably should never have graduated from college so standardized tests arent really my strong suit.

co-sign with that