Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted at George Washington  (Read 10657 times)

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted at George Washington
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2008, 11:29:31 AM »
Are you guys going to the ASD on April 4th?

I would love to but probably not. I may stop through for a visit on my way to NYC during my kids' spring break the following week.
(Just Adding Another Notch)

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2008, 12:08:47 PM »
okay, i posted this elsewhere, but i just discovered another thing to love about D.C.: La Tasca in Chinatown has half-prince pitchers of sangria on Thursdays.  And we're not just talking one kind of sangria...they have eleven varieties to choose from.  Four of us split a pitcher of Sangria Blanca (made with peaches, white wine, and cinnamon) and the Cava (sparkling wine, grape juice, and blueberries).  plus, the tapas were awesome.  in all, we had two pitchers of sangrias (one pitcher = about two glasses each) and five or six tapas, and it came out to less than $15 each.   mmmmmmmmmmmm.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

nicole1220

• Sr. Citizen
  • I feel like that Chihuahua.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2008, 12:15:58 PM »
I am like 99% sure. I would only not go there for the PIPS Scholarship at AU, but I doubt I will get that. How bout you?

My boyfriend lives in Rosslyn.. I think a lot of GW Law students do because its much cheaper than the area around GW and much closer than the cheaper parts of the city. I am sure your friend will be a good guide- there's lots of fun to be had in Arlington.

Right now, I live near AU.. kind of expensive for not that much going on. Foggy Bottom/Northern VA definitely have more going for them.

And yes, La Tasca is awesome!! One of my favorite places for just sitting, getting a more drunk than is appropriate at dinner, and catching up with friends!  ;D

Have you been to Rosa Mexicana? The margaritas are kind of expensive, but totally worth it..
GW '11?

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2008, 12:17:16 PM »
Have you been to Rosa Mexicana? The margaritas are kind of expensive, but totally worth it..

No, I've never been there!  To be honest, I'm not all that into margaritas.  They're a bit sugary for me.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

nicole1220

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2008, 12:29:09 PM »
No, I've never been there!  To be honest, I'm not all that into margaritas.  They're a bit sugary for me.

Fair point.. apparently their sangria is good too! I have a friend who works there, so I am a bit biased. Free stuff tends to do that.

If I get into either of them though, then maybe.  It will be a tough call.  My husband doesn't want to move, but I'm kind of getting psyched about living in DC for 3 years, but even then, I'm wondering if I got into BC/BU it may be better to go there because of local connections, etc.  I'm kind of torn but I don't even have responses from BC/BU yet.  I'm trying not to overthink it until I get a decision from them.

Good luck, whatever happens!! I am sure that you'll make a great decision. It is so hard to know what to think and how to think about it when decisions are still pending- I totally get you there. At least this will all be decided fairly soon!
GW '11?

nicole1220

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2008, 09:49:51 PM »
the personalized letter was so sweet. i am really favoring gw. and yeah, it's in penn quarter, near metro center/chinatown. lots of tasty food.
GW '11?

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2008, 11:19:24 AM »
Someone was asking at one point about travel reimbursement...

"We will provide reimbursement of up to $150.00 of the transportation costs you incur to come to either of our preview events if you ultimately matriculate at GW Law (details about our reimbursement policy is posted on the admitted student portal). "
(Just Adding Another Notch)

nicole1220

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2008, 12:02:02 PM »
Yeah, that email totally has my hopes up for merit-based aid. If only!
GW '11?

Hammerstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2008, 12:10:45 AM »
Does anyone know the schedule for admitted student day on April 4th?

To my knowledge it hasn't been announced yet.
CLS 2011.  All done.

TraciRai

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2008, 09:28:17 AM »
I want to know if I can fly in in the morning, and fly out at night... or one of the two.

I feel like I saw it somewhere...

I don't know the schedule for this year at all, but I'm fairly sure they'll start things pretty early (9ish).  So coming in that morning might not be doable.  Flying out at night... not so sure about that one.  Although hanging out and drinking with your future classmates is always an excellent way to spend the night. :)