Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted at George Washington  (Read 10378 times)

sg7007

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - sg7007@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Accepted at George Washington
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 04:55:45 AM »
I was notified by email. I applied through the early decision process which would give full 3-year scholarship if admitted. But I'm admitted through the regular process.

164/3.81, international student.

I was just wondering how long it took for you to hear from GW - when did you send in your application?

I sent the application about 2 weeks ago. I remember it was december 5th or 6th. I actually applied through the early decision cycle, but they admitted through the regular decision cycle.

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 11:42:09 AM »
i just got in this morning!  yaay!  ;D
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

Too Old For Law

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 01:30:03 PM »
I got the email from Ms. Richards today also.  I've been admitted into the evening program.  I'm excited - I figured GWU would be one of my dings.  Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to do.  :-\

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2007, 02:03:41 PM »
congrats!

Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to do.  :-\

what are your options?
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

Too Old For Law

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 03:27:50 PM »
Actually, it's pretty complicated.  I'm a non-trad with an unemployed husband and two kids so I have to decide whether to pack everyone up and go someplace on a full-time basis and hope my DH will find a job to support us OR stay here, take a permanent job I'm likely to be offered soon (I'm a contractor now), and go part time to either GWU or GMU.

Things to consider: 1) DH wants to move, but I'm not sure his job prospects will be good in some of the "college" towns we'd likely land at.  2) Can I handle working full time, going to school part time and still have some time to see my kids and get enough sleep?  3) If I pick up and move, I'll likely lose my shirt on my house, given the current housing market. 4) I finally came to the top of the Redskins season ticket list. And a thousand other thoughts that have been going through my head since I was told about the job opportunity yesterday.

UGH!! - Being a grown up suxs sometimes.

Trill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 07:10:14 PM »
How do you know when you go complete at GW? I applied, but I've received no email, and to the best of my knowledge there is no online status check.

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 07:12:00 PM »
From what i remember, they sent me a postcard (a small blue one) that informed me of completion. However, i have heard from several other applicants (through these boards mainly) that they didn't receive any notification and that they had to call the office to make sure they were complete.

I applied pretty early so maybe they were sending out the postcards and now they just don't do anything.

lawschool888

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 02:10:43 PM »
I also applied to GW early decision for PT. I applied really early and also got the blue postcard thing. Also I'm pretty sure there is no status check of any sort, just waiting...

As for people hearing back, it seems like they are sending out emails for decisions. Anyone received any today? I'm getting pretty anxious here as there's only four more workdays left for them to decide for ED!

etmerian

• Sr. Citizen
  • UM '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 02:22:21 PM »
I posted this elsewhere but I find it odd they ask for parents info and if they can contact them - what's up with this???

Did you all click "yes"?

yea i did....i guess i didn't think i had a choice...i thought it was weird though.

rabbit9198

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2008, 01:58:38 AM »
Actually, it's pretty complicated.  I'm a non-trad with an unemployed husband and two kids so I have to decide whether to pack everyone up and go someplace on a full-time basis and hope my DH will find a job to support us OR stay here, take a permanent job I'm likely to be offered soon (I'm a contractor now), and go part time to either GWU or GMU.

Things to consider: 1) DH wants to move, but I'm not sure his job prospects will be good in some of the "college" towns we'd likely land at.  2) Can I handle working full time, going to school part time and still have some time to see my kids and get enough sleep?  3) If I pick up and move, I'll likely lose my shirt on my house, given the current housing market. 4) I finally came to the top of the Redskins season ticket list. And a thousand other thoughts that have been going through my head since I was told about the job opportunity yesterday.

UGH!! - Being a grown up suxs sometimes.

The season tickets are clearly the thing to make the decision. :P As a Packers born-and-bred, I understand that getting season tickets is probably more competitive than getting into law school!

Congrats, and best of luck with your decision!
Read my blog about 1L life at Yale (and Harvard): http://similarlysituated.blogspot.com/

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/rabbit9198/

YLS 2011