Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Looking for ANY preps for June test!  (Read 2935 times)

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Looking for ANY preps for June test!
« on: March 17, 2004, 09:01:27 PM »
hello!

if anybody has any kind of decent test prep materials that could help in spot learning - i.e. all analytical, all games, etc - along w/some full length tests, i'd be more than happy to negotiate a selling price for them! please let me know.

thanks so much in advance!

aj :)

p.s. what are some good ones besides kaplan?

Anti_Ivy

Re: Looking for ANY preps for June test!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 09:51:34 PM »

From what I hear, The PowerScore LSAT Logic Games Bible by David M. Killoran is one of the best for improving one's score on the games sections. You can read the Amazon.com reviews by clinking the linkl below:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/097212960X/qid=1079578171/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-5107038-2088053?v=glance&s=books

The LSAT Advantage with Professor Dave by David Scalise is really popular.  Read the reviews at

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0970175612/qid=1079578005/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-5107038-2088053?v=glance&s=books

I'm thinking of buying it b/c the reviewers say it has helped with the LR/RC sections of the LSAT.

Hope that helps.

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 07:22:30 PM »
thanks ivy! i'll look into them! ;D

aj

Meltdown

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 07:44:05 PM »
I have the Logic Games Bible and I would strongly recommend it. It's a bit expensive, but it beats taking a course. Can't comment on the other book--don't have it. Also, make sure to get a bunch of real tests--10 Real Prep Tests, I think it is called. Those have helped me a lot so far. Good luck!

karenw911

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 12:32:47 PM »
hello!

if anybody has any kind of decent test prep materials that could help in spot learning - i.e. all analytical, all games, etc - along w/some full length tests, i'd be more than happy to negotiate a selling price for them! please let me know.

Check eBay or Half.com. I picked up unused current studyguides for hardly anything.  You'll also find preptests on eBay but beware - unscrupulous wannabe law students will screw you there.

Just a suggestion.

Karen W.

jgruber

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 02:48:00 PM »
I have a couple of practice tests I bought from LSAC.  They are the more recent ones that you buy individually.  I could let you have them for half price plus actual mailing cost.  They are completely unmarked.  When I used them for my practice tests I used scrap paper.

hello!

thanks so much in advance!

aj :)

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2004, 03:08:05 PM »
grube, you'd be willin' to do that for me?? thanks so much!! ;D could you send me a msg and we'll work out details? thanks so much!

and karen, i'll be sure and look for other books on half.com.

thanks everybody! ;D

aj