Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'm pouting. Anybody want to join me?  (Read 6056 times)

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I'm pouting. Anybody want to join me?
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 04:43:24 PM »
back to pouting for a moment:

i haven't heard from anybody since noveeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmbbbbbbee eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............ .whhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyy?!

::pout::  :'(

Yes, back to the pouting.  Can I just say that I spent several days in the hospital last week (freakish new medical woe--sweet!) and the thing that made me the most upset was that stupid deferral email from Boalt?  I almost punched a nurse.

gah, i hate this process.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 04:50:49 PM »
And speaking of getting in trouble, I got a traffic ticket on Tuesday... "Shortcutting to avoid a traffic signal."  I went through a fast food parking lot to get around this really awful construction, and it would have saved me about 5 minutes if there hadn't been a cop sitting across the street (apparently this dude's job is to sit there all day and write tickets for people going through the parking lot to skip the light).  I guess we can expect a thread asking about whether or not I need to report this to law schools.

What exactly was the ticket for?

"Shortcutting to avoid a traffic signal."  That's the violation on the ticket.  The copper had to write it in himself, but he checked the little "ORD" box and wrote down some long number (23.2.44 or something like that) which leads me to believe that there is an ordinance against this in the TTTville that is South Euclid, Ohio (we call it "the Sclid"... this suburb sucks, I avoid it like the plague.  Turns out, the tailor I was going to was closed anyway!).

That's a great job of police resources.   :-\

Sorry to hear that. 

Thanks dude, I agree.  I said to the cop, look, I know I was being an a-hole, and I know you're just doing your job, but are you really going to write me up for this?  Dude says: "Well, you were being an a-hole, and I'm just doing my job."

I'll make a great lawyer.

Really, I was just flabbergasted that I was getting a ticket for something called "Shortcutting."

Of course the credited question is, how does a "Shortcutting" ticket EFFECT MY CHANCES AT T14?!?!?!

They need to meet their quotas for the month, probably. 

It won't affect your chances.  It's a traffic violation.  It's just like a speeding ticket. 

But spelling "affect" as the noun "effect" might affect your chances.   ;)

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 04:51:53 PM »

i haven't heard from anybody since noveeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmbbbbbbee eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............ .whhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyy?!

::pout::  :'(

Yes, back to the pouting.  Can I just say that I spent several days in the hospital last week (freakish new medical woe--sweet!) and the thing that made me the most upset was that stupid deferral email from Boalt?  I almost punched a nurse.

I hear ya.  I don't realistically expect to hear anything from any other schools save for one or two until february.  For the most part, all of my safeties accepted me.  Now I'm just waiting for the reaches to make a decision, and that's going to take alllll winter most likely.   :'(

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007, 04:53:24 PM »

::pout::  :'(

I hear ya.  I don't realistically expect to hear anything from any other schools save for one or two until february.  For the most part, all of my safeties accepted me.  Now I'm just waiting for the reaches to make a decision, and that's going to take alllll winter most likely.   :'(

yeah, i'm afraid i might be in the same boat.  i foresee a lot of waitlists coming my way.  i guess i should be glad to have heard from one schoool...

LSN

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2007, 04:57:51 PM »
thanks, dotlyn.  i mean really, i'd be happy to go to the one school i've been accepted to, i was just hoping to have a few more options.  ah well, i'll try to be patient...just one more acceptance will tide me over until mid-January, I think!

LSN

JMFM2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2007, 05:09:11 PM »

Aw, I'm sorry, dude.  I hope you're feeling well!  And IDK is right, this process is awful.

Feeling fine, thanks.  Just trying to turn this possible brain surgery I have coming up into t14 GOLD.  Think it warrants an addendum?  ;)

God I wish I was fully kidding.  What's the matter with me?!

JMFM2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2007, 05:09:38 PM »

Also, I'm not sure what a fun-off is either but I'm sure I'd win.  I win everything.  Just ask my husband. 

Priceless.

Seconded.  I love it.

BigLulz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2007, 05:09:48 PM »

Was GL Xmas Ale involved?

To say the least.

Do you have any experiences with Bell's fine line? They're out of Kalamazoo, MI and make some awesome beers (Oberon, Two Hearted Ale).

If you can't find the Xmas Ale in town and want a beer that will knock you down, I suggest this:
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/bells-expedition-stout/3214/
10.5%. It could cure your hangover with one bottle.
!!!

ilsox7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2007, 05:16:17 PM »

Was GL Xmas Ale involved?

To say the least.

Do you have any experiences with Bell's fine line? They're out of Kalamazoo, MI and make some awesome beers (Oberon, Two Hearted Ale).

If you can't find the Xmas Ale in town and want a beer that will knock you down, I suggest this:
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/bells-expedition-stout/3214/
10.5%. It could cure your hangover with one bottle.

Bell's makes some nice stuff.  Though Oberon is highly overrated and probably one of their worst beers.  Up there with Great Lakes is Victory, Stone, Jolly Pumpkin, Russian River, Dogfish Head, Founders, and many other American Craft Breweries. 

There are also a TON of Xmas Ales out there these days, as they have become the thing to do.  Delirium makes a phenomenal Noel that will kick your ass big time.  Lots of the other Belgians are doing to the same.  Good times!

reese07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2007, 07:31:30 PM »
Let me tell you about reezy's day.  He woke up at 11:15 with the worst hangover in America.  He opened his wallet to find a $77 credit card receipt from the nearest bar... apparently, he bought a round of Cuervo shots for his 9 closest friends.  By 1:30 this afternoon, his hangover has reached epic proportions; he doesn't even call the dealership to tell them that he won't be able to bring his car in for service this afternoon.  At 2:30, in the heat of an LSD debate about racism and LS admissions, the hangover hits fever pitch and reezy actually runs to the bathroom and yorks.  This is a full 12 hours after I've stopped drinking, mind you.

Now, at 3:40 in the afternoon and still in bed with his laptop on his chest, reezy hears his cell phone ring.  Could it be Emory?  Wake Forest?  Some other law school?  He slowly looks at the caller ID, hoping for it to a 404 area code from Atlanta...  And it's not.  Total letdown.  It's just my old high school buddy Jason, who has secured 4 tickets to the Cavs/Lakers game tonight.  Suddenly, the day is looking up; reezy understands that there are more important phone calls than those from Dean so-and-so from wherever.  (Game's on TNT, reezy will be 12 rows back behind the Lakers' bench.  Black northface, bloodshot hangover eyes... You can't miss me.)

I was just about to counter that comment contending that I indeed woke up with the worst hangover in America, but realized I only had the worst hangover in st. barts.  After a day and night filled solely with havana club and no food, I met a princeton girl who was also applying to law schools at a bar.  She claimed to be Harvard bound (she had received a TS call).  I told her that was my top choice also.  She asked me my lsat, I responded with a completely made up 153.  I then proceeded to act like I was an autoadmit for the rest of the evening/early morning.  I awoke at 745 am in this girl's beach house with no idea of where I was.  I quickly phoned the car service to get me.  My mother was extremely pissed and made a joke (which was in bad taste) likening me to Natalie Holloway.  I have had the worst hangover all day.

(Side Note: I felt compelled to type this story solely because I feel this girl may stalk LSD...)

LOL...sounds like you have your own Jeeves.