Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'm pouting. Anybody want to join me?  (Read 6080 times)

ilsox7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I'm pouting. Anybody want to join me?
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 04:13:05 PM »

Was GL Xmas Ale involved?

To say the least.  It's such a sentimental thing at this point; we've been stealing it from our folks since we were 14 or 15, you know?  It's basically the only perk to coming to Ohio for the holidays.

The problem now is that, as with last year, the town has run dry a full week before Christmas.  There are two bars we know of that still have kegs, but you couldn't find a six pack if you searched for hours (we actually have).

Of course, this is all a good thing.  It's 7.8% ABV, so you're basically drinking for two.  And it's so damn tasty that you wind up drinking for about eight.  Things can get messy.

I miss going to the Brewery.  Luckily it is readily available in Chicago.  One of my favorite bars even has it on tap and sells it for less than they do at the GL Brewery.  It's crazy.  And led to a drunk ilsox7 Tuesday night of this week.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 04:15:17 PM »
I hate everyone except Stotan. Especially those that have gotten into H, Y, and S.

*pouts more*

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 04:20:47 PM »
<-- Has one acceptance, but still miserable. Current school seems to fail the cost/benefit analysis test.
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 04:26:08 PM »
<-- Has one acceptance, but still miserable. Current school seems to fail the cost/benefit analysis test.

But you have two acceptances not just one.   ;)

I have eight acceptances, and I'm still pouting.  I expected to hear back from some certain Tier 1 schools by now, and I've heard zilch.  I'm shocked right now. 

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 04:26:56 PM »
And speaking of getting in trouble, I got a traffic ticket on Tuesday... "Shortcutting to avoid a traffic signal."  I went through a fast food parking lot to get around this really awful construction, and it would have saved me about 5 minutes if there hadn't been a cop sitting across the street (apparently this dude's job is to sit there all day and write tickets for people going through the parking lot to skip the light).  I guess we can expect a thread asking about whether or not I need to report this to law schools.

What exactly was the ticket for?
LSN

PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 04:28:21 PM »

I have eight acceptances, and I'm still pouting.  I expected to hear back from some certain Tier 1 schools by now, and I've heard zilch.  I'm shocked right now. 

Eh.. I deferred from Rutgers before. I would not have applied there this cycle. That doesn't count.
LSN

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 04:29:02 PM »

Eh.. I deferred from Rutgers before. I would not have applied there this cycle. That doesn't count.

Ahhhh, I see.  Fair enough. 

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 04:34:43 PM »
And speaking of getting in trouble, I got a traffic ticket on Tuesday... "Shortcutting to avoid a traffic signal."  I went through a fast food parking lot to get around this really awful construction, and it would have saved me about 5 minutes if there hadn't been a cop sitting across the street (apparently this dude's job is to sit there all day and write tickets for people going through the parking lot to skip the light).  I guess we can expect a thread asking about whether or not I need to report this to law schools.

What exactly was the ticket for?

"Shortcutting to avoid a traffic signal."  That's the violation on the ticket.  The copper had to write it in himself, but he checked the little "ORD" box and wrote down some long number (23.2.44 or something like that) which leads me to believe that there is an ordinance against this in the TTTville that is South Euclid, Ohio (we call it "the Sclid"... this suburb sucks, I avoid it like the plague.  Turns out, the tailor I was going to was closed anyway!).

That's a great job of police resources.   :-\

Sorry to hear that. 

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 04:35:28 PM »
back to pouting for a moment:

i haven't heard from anybody since noveeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmbbbbbbee eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............ .whhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyy?!

::pout::  :'(
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

JMFM2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 04:41:39 PM »
back to pouting for a moment:

i haven't heard from anybody since noveeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmbbbbbbee eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............ .whhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyy?!

::pout::  :'(

Yes, back to the pouting.  Can I just say that I spent several days in the hospital last week (freakish new medical woe--sweet!) and the thing that made me the most upset was that stupid deferral email from Boalt?  I almost punched a nurse.