Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'm pouting. Anybody want to join me?  (Read 5989 times)

just dot

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just want to be wonderful.
    • View Profile
I'm pouting. Anybody want to join me?
« on: December 20, 2007, 03:03:18 PM »
Dear Mr. or Ms. Adcomm,

Now you've gone and done it.  You've ruined my Christmas.  All I wanted was an acceptance letter and maybe a small scholarship from your school before Christmas.  Is that too much to ask?  I've been good all year!  I hope you're happy and may your eggnog turn sour.   :(

Sincerely,
dotlyn (the unhappiest elf)
To put it bluntly, I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation. But I`m working on the foundation.

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I'm pouting. Anybody want to join me?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 03:04:14 PM »
Dear Cornell Adcomm

Same as dotlyn said

MHLM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 03:13:21 PM »
Dear Mr. or Ms. Adcomm,

Now you've gone and done it.  You've ruined my Christmas.  All I wanted was an acceptance letter and maybe a small scholarship from your school before Christmas.  Is that too much to ask?  I've been good all year!  I hope you're happy and may your eggnog turn sour.   :(

Sincerely,

I'm sorry, Dot. It's my impression that hanging out on these boards--unless you're one of those 170+/3.9+ people who are inundated with good news right now--can make you really depressed. Everyday I see people getting acceptance calls, emails, and snail mail and I'm sitting here with not much...at least not much good news. As much as I wish I could quit my LSD addiction (lol), it just doesn't happen. I think you will have good news in '08..it's just a long, ugly wait.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 03:14:25 PM »
*pouts*

I really do hate everyone that has gotten into Yale, Harvard, NYU, etc. etc. And by "hate" I mean "am very jealous of."

Yossarian

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 03:21:07 PM »
Dear Mr. or Ms. Adcomm,

Sincerely,
TITC Mind Reading

ugh...about to register for the feb lsats out of pure anxiety from not getting an acceptance yet
W&L '11

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 03:24:36 PM »
I co-sign this thread.

I used to really hate to see people with acceptances complain, but now that I'm one of them, it's okay.
Michigan 2L

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 03:58:26 PM »
Let me tell you about reezy's day.  He woke up at 11:15 with the worst hangover in America.  He opened his wallet to find a $77 credit card receipt from the nearest bar... apparently, he bought a round of Cuervo shots for his 9 closest friends.  By 1:30 this afternoon, his hangover has reached epic proportions; he doesn't even call the dealership to tell them that he won't be able to bring his car in for service this afternoon.  At 2:30, in the heat of an LSD debate about racism and LS admissions, the hangover hits fever pitch and reezy actually runs to the bathroom and yorks.  This is a full 12 hours after I've stopped drinking, mind you.

Now, at 3:40 in the afternoon and still in bed with his laptop on his chest, reezy hears his cell phone ring.  Could it be Emory?  Wake Forest?  Some other law school?  He slowly looks at the caller ID, hoping for it to a 404 area code from Atlanta...  And it's not.  Total letdown.  It's just my old high school buddy Jason, who has secured 4 tickets to the Cavs/Lakers game tonight.  Suddenly, the day is looking up; reezy understands that there are more important phone calls than those from Dean so-and-so from wherever.  (Game's on TNT, reezy will be 12 rows back behind the Lakers' bench.  Black northface, bloodshot hangover eyes... You can't miss me.)

LOL @ this.  You need a blog.
Michigan 2L

ilsox7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 03:58:44 PM »
Let me tell you about reezy's day.  He woke up at 11:15 with the worst hangover in America.  He opened his wallet to find a $77 credit card receipt from the nearest bar... apparently, he bought a round of Cuervo shots for his 9 closest friends.  By 1:30 this afternoon, his hangover has reached epic proportions; he doesn't even call the dealership to tell them that he won't be able to bring his car in for service this afternoon.  At 2:30, in the heat of an LSD debate about racism and LS admissions, the hangover hits fever pitch and reezy actually runs to the bathroom and yorks.  This is a full 12 hours after I've stopped drinking, mind you.

Now, at 3:40 in the afternoon and still in bed with his laptop on his chest, reezy hears his cell phone ring.  Could it be Emory?  Wake Forest?  Some other law school?  He slowly looks at the caller ID, hoping for it to a 404 area code from Atlanta...  And it's not.  Total letdown.  It's just my old high school buddy Jason, who has secured 4 tickets to the Cavs/Lakers game tonight.  Suddenly, the day is looking up; reezy understands that there are more important phone calls than those from Dean so-and-so from wherever.  (Game's on TNT, reezy will be 12 rows back behind the Lakers' bench.  Black northface, bloodshot hangover eyes... You can't miss me.)

Was GL Xmas Ale involved?

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 04:03:44 PM »
I've been passed over by Wake and Emory for no good reason, and by Vanderbilt for plenty of reasons; I was also hoping for a little bit more resolution by Christmas (although I'm blessed to have Ohio State in the bag).

Anyway, I know how you feel, dot.  And if UF doesn't hurry up and let you in, I'm going to get angry.

Emory just started with accepts, so you can't claim "passed over" yet.
but I think I can claim W&M took a pass.
it's a crapshoot, it really is.

Boston College and Emory are both very impressive. Was W&M one of your top choices or are you just lamenting getting a rejection in general? Just curious... I think W&M might be my top choice because it will be a lot cheaper than any of my reaches and I don't think I want biglaw.
_______
.|E|R|S.

MHLM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 04:04:36 PM »
Stotan: My only acceptance is from a T4. But whatever, I hate you too.

Reezy: Sounds like you had a little too much fun last night. The yacking 12 hours after reminds of my 21st birthday...8 hours after, 12 hours after, 20 hours after...yea the hangover lasted a lot longer than the party.