Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For those considering flying, some info...  (Read 1052 times)

TallisUmbras

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Doors of Night
    • View Profile
For those considering flying, some info...
« on: December 20, 2007, 01:28:52 PM »
I posted this in the application section but I thought it might be of interest to people in this section who are considering school visits. Even though most of the flights offered through this service are red-eye flights, you can't complain about the prices. Also, after you have gone to the step before purchasing the flight, Travelocity will sometimes offer competing flights at lower prices. Without further ado, here is the info:

Go to Travelocity.com and choose the "flexible date" option below the "To" and "From" dialogue boxes. Put in your home city and destination. From there, Travelocity will bring up a page of carrier options with prices whose flexible date restrictions are posted below their names. Often, these restrictions include flexible tickets good within a short time period (say, two weeks or a month) with other option being good for travel between three or six month periods. Advance purchase restriction also sometimes apply (i.e. must be purchases no later than 7 days before your departure date.) Click on the given airline and price option you want and then choose the dates you are thinking of for departure and return. The nice thing about this option is the format is by month with days within the month highlighted to show availability. After choosing your dates, you will be prompted to choose specific time options and then finally book your ticket. When finished, you will have an e-ticket (free) option or you can elect to receive your tickets via mail for an addition fee.

I hope this helps people to save money. When I fly domestically, this is the only way I purchase tickets unless I see a killer deal elsewhere.
Two schools enter, one school leaves: Harvard defeated MasterBlaster.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TallisUmbras

TallisUmbras

• Sr. Citizen
  • The Doors of Night
    • View Profile
Re: For those considering flying, some info...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 04:07:52 PM »
Welcome :) There is a way to do the same thing internationally...but that is a different thread.
Two schools enter, one school leaves: Harvard defeated MasterBlaster.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TallisUmbras

saradsun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Off to Cali
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: For those considering flying, some info...
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 09:21:07 AM »
I'm bumping this. I'd bookmarked it back when it was posted and I need yet another ticket and this got me a very nice, cheap, one way ticket and showed me the days I could pick at that price. So bumping for others who might find it useful.