Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dinged at Northwestern  (Read 6634 times)

MHLM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Dinged at Northwestern
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 08:09:02 PM »
Yeah, I applied ED.  I went complete on 10/26.  I'm hoping for Loyola.  I'm starting to panic and am probably going to lob a desperation app. to John Marshall.  Maybe I can transfer somewhere.

Did you apply full or part time to Loyola..?

fulltime, which I'm starting to think was a mistake.  When I called their admissions dept. they said PT & FT had the same standards, but I think that's bull.

Can I change from FT to PT?

I dunno, but I would think you could. Try calling the admissions office...maybe they can even consider you for both programs.

True.  i'm afraid they are getting sick of hearing from me =)

I understand, but at the end of the day, law is school is a business. You have very solid numbers for the PT program--yea, I stalked and found you on LSN--and if you're able to pay their tuition, you should be viewed as a welcome "customer". Plus, I think it will show that you're really interested in the school by saying you would like to be considered for both programs. Oh, and you might throw in the "Why Loyola" essay if you haven't already...

;;;;;

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Dinged at Northwestern
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 08:10:49 PM »
Yeah, I applied ED.  I went complete on 10/26.  I'm hoping for Loyola.  I'm starting to panic and am probably going to lob a desperation app. to John Marshall.  Maybe I can transfer somewhere.

Did you apply full or part time to Loyola..?

fulltime, which I'm starting to think was a mistake.  When I called their admissions dept. they said PT & FT had the same standards, but I think that's bull.

Can I change from FT to PT?

I dunno, but I would think you could. Try calling the admissions office...maybe they can even consider you for both programs.

True.  i'm afraid they are getting sick of hearing from me =)

I understand, but at the end of the day, law is school is a business. You have very solid numbers for the PT program--yea, I stalked and found you on LSN--and if you're able to pay their tuition, you should be viewed as a welcome "customer". Plus, I think it will show that you're really interested in the school by saying you would like to be considered for both programs. Oh, and you might throw in the "Why Loyola" essay if you haven't already...

Right on.  I think that is good advice.  I'll badger them tomorrow.  I love that area of chicago, Loyola is now my top choice, so I wouldn't mind part-time at all
"Don't read what they write about you, just measure it in inches."  Andy Warhol