Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted at Temple  (Read 1273 times)

typycal

• View Profile
Accepted at Temple
« on: December 19, 2007, 01:14:23 PM »
...with scholarship money, and I'm in-state, so it would be hella inexpensive.

Hoping to get in to better, but this is the first reply I've had, so it's exciting for me!

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Accepted at Temple
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 01:19:47 PM »
You guys say "hella" over there. Always thought it was a NorCal thing. Even the people in SoCal don't say "hella."

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 01:21:03 PM »
By the way, congratulations! Always nice to have a good safety school where you won't be having to pay much. I applied to Temple also b/c they sent me a fee waiver. I doubt that I'll really go there unless I also get a huge scholarship (That's when I'll consider it).

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 04:02:52 PM »
...with scholarship money, and I'm in-state, so it would be hella inexpensive.

Hoping to get in to better, but this is the first reply I've had, so it's exciting for me!

Is the $22,500 amount over three years?

typycal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 06:43:12 PM »
yes.  but with temple's $14k in-state tuition, that puts my yearly tuition at like $7k, which isn't half bad.  word on the street is temple's reasonably good for philly law, which is just fine by me.

also got into gmu, so my safeties are....safe.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 09:42:24 PM »
yes.  but with temple's $14k in-state tuition, that puts my yearly tuition at like $7k, which isn't half bad.  word on the street is temple's reasonably good for philly law, which is just fine by me.

also got into gmu, so my safeties are....safe.

No, that's very good!  I'm in-state too, and I was hoping for 7-8 grand/yr., based on LSN, but I "only" received a $5,000 nonrenewable scholarship.  However, I received a lot of money from Pitt and Dickinson, and I like PA.  I might see if Temple's willing to give me more money, because it's a good school for Philly and I enjoy Philly.

El_Che

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • 0L Musings
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 01:21:27 PM »
Is it difficult to gain residency in PA? I got accepted with $12,000 but only for the first year, so unless I could get residency after that, it'd be hard to justify the tuition $...

typycal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 06:34:39 PM »
i couldn't tell you.  i've resided in the state my entire life so i'm pretty sure i qualify.

jalex519

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 10:04:51 PM »
Congrats on Temple! My uncle lives in Philly and so I've gone up there at least once a year my entire life and love it. Temple does have good placement within Philly, a family friend graduated from there cum laude and became a partner at a biglaw firm by 30...
2L and counting...