How to lessen the SHOCK come FRIDAY

AkhilAmar

• Need lots of good karma!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: How to lessen the SHOCK come FRIDAY
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 09:24:58 PM »
or JANUARY 2ND-

Here's what to do:

Don't open the email first. Log in to LSAC and check the scale. If it's -8, then it will at least hit you that you did not do as planned. Although not as much as it will when you actually see the score, but nonetheless, it will cushion the SHOCK you might be in for. On the other, a -10 scale would alleviate some of those tensions and you may then check the score with a little more confidence.

Finally- come to think about it, this is just downright silly and pointless, but what the hell.

HTFH

this is exactly what i said about 1 week ago in another thread. im going to do this.

this is what i'm doing. i'd rather get hit with a 16-ounce glove (after viewing the scale) than a four-ouncer (going balls out and opening the email w/o hesitation).

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 09:46:47 PM »
No, I really like this idea. Because, like, if it says -1 gets you a 179, then I'll know I couldn't have gotten a 180. Not that I'm trying to say, imply, or suggest that I'm only -1 or anything.

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 10:40:49 PM »
What is the point?  Your score is going to be your score no matter what method you employ.  If you see an unfortunate curve before your score, you'll simply aim your aggression at that until you see your score.  Anyway, come Friday every obsessive compulsive characteristic ever apparent in each one of us will take over as we maniaclly update lsac.org every 12 seconds. 

Here is the point: no matter what your score is, nothing is going to assuage the mental anguish you experience should it be less than your goal.  Believe me, I had first-hand experience with this back in September. 

Anyway, best of luck to everyone and I hope you achieve your expectations.

The point is that we can torture ourselves for just a little bit longer!

karma police

• welly welly welly well my little brothers
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 11:35:27 PM »
What is the point?  Your score is going to be your score no matter what method you employ.  If you see an unfortunate curve before your score, you'll simply aim your aggression at that until you see your score.  Anyway, come Friday every obsessive compulsive characteristic ever apparent in each one of us will take over as we maniaclly update lsac.org every 12 seconds. 

Here is the point: no matter what your score is, nothing is going to assuage the mental anguish you experience should it be less than your goal.  Believe me, I had first-hand experience with this back in September. 

exactly. I mean, who the hell wants to go in for a quickie? you know? Unlike our first orgasm (masturbation notwithstanding), us retakers don't want to proceed hastily anymore. We are Men*.

*Men with a capital M so that Julie Fern doesn't respond with an incomplete sentence.

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 11:37:15 PM »
I suppose that could be a good plan but do you guys really have the will power to go on lsac and not look at your score? I definitely dont.

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 12:02:08 AM »

exactly. I mean, who the hell wants to go in for a quickie? you know? Unlike our first orgasm (masturbation notwithstanding), us retakers don't want to proceed hastily anymore. We are Men*.

*Men with a capital M so that Julie Fern doesn't respond with an incomplete sentence.

We are Men Julie Fern, hear our roar.

::roarrrrrrr::

karma police

• welly welly welly well my little brothers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 02:10:12 AM »

We are Men Julie Fern, hear our roar.

::roarrrrrrr::

Julie, what do you have to say to this gentleman?