How to lessen the SHOCK come FRIDAY

karma police

• welly welly welly well my little brothers
    • View Profile
How to lessen the SHOCK come FRIDAY
« on: December 18, 2007, 07:24:09 PM »
or JANUARY 2ND-

Here's what to do:

Don't open the email first. Log in to LSAC and check the scale. If it's -8, then it will at least hit you that you did not do as planned. Although not as much as it will when you actually see the score, but nonetheless, it will cushion the SHOCK you might be in for. On the other hand, a -10 scale would alleviate some of those tensions and you may then check the score with a little more confidence.

Finally- come to think about it, this is just downright silly and pointless, but what the hell.

HTFH

Re: How to lessen the SHOCK come FRIDAY
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 07:25:13 PM »
or JANUARY 2ND-

Here's what to do:

Don't open the email first. Log in to LSAC and check the scale. If it's -8, then it will at least hit you that you did not do as planned. Although not as much as it will when you actually see the score, but nonetheless, it will cushion the SHOCK you might be in for. On the other, a -10 scale would alleviate some of those tensions and you may then check the score with a little more confidence.

Finally- come to think about it, this is just downright silly and pointless, but what the hell.

HTFH

this is exactly what i said about 1 week ago in another thread. im going to do this.

karma police

• welly welly welly well my little brothers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 07:27:24 PM »
Oh I must've missed that. sorry dude. But I'm glad someone else is doing that.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 07:30:49 PM »
Oh I must've missed that. sorry dude. But I'm glad someone else is doing that.

lol, i wasn't trying to take credit for it.  haha

yea i just opened the email in june and was in shock.  then i saw the scale.... and i was more mad.

i figure this time ill know what to expect.

and -10 it is!!!!  :-\

xaser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 07:42:29 PM »
it aint gonna be easy logging in and not seeing the score...

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 07:44:30 PM »

yes it is.  when you sign into LSDAS go to "My Docs" and then "LSAT".  The conversion table will be available for you to open from that page and you won't have to see your score.

nateDgr8

• Slightly Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 07:46:07 PM »

yes it is.  when you sign into LSDAS go to "My Docs" and then "LSAT".  The conversion table will be available for you to open from that page and you won't have to see your score.

Outstanding... is it Friday yet?

dubsy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 07:48:42 PM »

whereas if I open up "LSAT" from "Account Status", the score will immediately pop up, I'm guessing?

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 08:23:49 PM »

whereas if I open up "LSAT" from "Account Status", the score will immediately pop up, I'm guessing?

correct-a-mundo.

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 08:48:04 PM »
What is the point?  Your score is going to be your score no matter what method you employ.  If you see an unfortunate curve before your score, you'll simply aim your aggression at that until you see your score.  Anyway, come Friday every obsessive compulsive characteristic ever apparent in each one of us will take over as we maniaclly update lsac.org every 12 seconds. 

Here is the point: no matter what your score is, nothing is going to assuage the mental anguish you experience should it be less than your goal.  Believe me, I had first-hand experience with this back in September. 

Anyway, best of luck to everyone and I hope you achieve your expectations.