Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Drexel & ABA approval  (Read 1079 times)

Team Pam

• Sr. Citizen
  • "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
Re: Drexel & ABA approval
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 09:13:44 PM »
Temple also seems to have more of a nationally known name if that matters to you.  When I told people in California that I was moving to Philadelphia for law school, about half of them asked if I was going to Temple, but not one mentioned Nova or Drexel.
UPenn '10

ks2pa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 10:02:20 PM »
I may be wrong but from what I have read when a school becomes ABA approved they always start as a tier 4 school. There is not much to rank them on.
This is incorrect.  A new school can debut anywhere in the rankings.  UNLV for instance started in the second tier.
Drexel's most recent class had a median GPA of 3.4 and median lsat of 158.  This is already in the lower tier 2 range.  The coop program is leading to alot of interaction with the local legal community and the school has been pushing its faculty to publish.  This should help with the perception components of the rankings.  Drexel also was fairly successful in getting its 1st class placed in summer associate positions this summer.

lineallowsfor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 10:22:46 PM »
They are eligible for PROVISIONAL accreditation in 2008.  They ABA team was at the school observing in fall 2007.