Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Drexel & ABA approval  (Read 1099 times)

cvs114

• View Profile
Drexel & ABA approval
« on: December 17, 2007, 04:42:24 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone has posted anything on this site about this... but does anyone know anything about drexel and the status of its ABA approval? I heard they are expecting to be approved this Feb of 08. Anyone know anything???

predicitons on where they will rank ---?
Accepted: Temple ($$), Drexel($$), Villanova, UMiami, Fordham
Pending: UPenn, George Washington, George Mason, American, Cardozo, Brooklyn, U of Arizona, U of San Diego, BC, Widener, Penn State

TrumpWho??

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Drexel & ABA approval
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 04:49:30 PM »
My guess is that they will be tier 4.

Roy Lichtenstein

• Sr. Citizen
  • I Can See the Whole Room . . . , 1961
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 04:54:22 PM »
Is it that soon?  I thought they couldn't be approved until their first class graduated, which I don't think is until 2009.

Anyway, I have no doubt in my mind that they will be approved.  They have some outstanding faculty and the Dean is top-notch as well, plus Drexel overall is a very respectable institution.  I think they are doing everything they can/must to get accredited.

In terms of ranking, I would predict they will be somewhere between 75-100, and in a couple years will be up there with Temple and Villanova.  Tier 3 at the lowest.  I think saying they will be Tier 4 might be a little harsh.
If at first you don't succeed, apply, apply again!

TrumpWho??

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 04:57:02 PM »
I may be wrong but from what I have read when a school becomes ABA approved they always start as a tier 4 school. There is not much to rank them on.

cvs114

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 05:03:47 PM »
I heard they would be ranked probably around the same as Temple and Nova. Ive heard amazing things the ABA approval just worries me...

I know they are offering a lot of scholarships and I have a lot of friends who have high numbers and are attending drexel for free.

Accepted: Temple ($$), Drexel($$), Villanova, UMiami, Fordham
Pending: UPenn, George Washington, George Mason, American, Cardozo, Brooklyn, U of Arizona, U of San Diego, BC, Widener, Penn State

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
  • And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 06:15:44 PM »
I wonder what tier Princeton would start at if they ever wanted to open a law school.  ???

Ding me I dare ya!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yatta!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 06:35:05 PM »
I heard they would be ranked probably around the same as Temple and Nova. Ive heard amazing things the ABA approval just worries me...

I know they are offering a lot of scholarships and I have a lot of friends who have high numbers and are attending drexel for free.

isnt Temple ranked at 70 something and Nova T4?

Eric9064

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 06:43:17 PM »
Drexel is my undergrad and I worked with the schools law school advisor during my application process. From what i understand in speaking with him, the law schol will have approval by Febuary and the feeling is it will be on par with temple and nova

eric

Ding me I dare ya!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yatta!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 06:46:22 PM »
isnt Temple ranked at 70 something and Nova T4?

'Nova and Temple are both at #60.

my bad i didnt get that Nova was short for villanova. Thought you were talking about Nova SW and I was really confused.

AmyWaxFanClubPresident

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 08:49:26 PM »
A word of caution... Although Temple and Villanova are close in the rankings, Temple is far, far supreme in Philadelphia.  There is no reason (other than a large scholarship with no chance to lose it) to choose Nova over Temple.  You should not even consider Drexel over the other two.
"This semester I will plunge you into the slough of despair, and when you are at your most desolate and are ready to give up, I will give you some light" - Professor Amy Wax