Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New and Improved BC Question Thread  (Read 4433 times)

UpwardSlope

• View Profile
Re: New and Improved BC Question Thread
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2008, 12:28:21 AM »
Are there many students, or any that you know of, who commute to BC from the suburbs, or even as far as Worcester?

I personally don't know anyone that commutes from as far as Worcester, but I do know a handful of students that commute from Natick, Weston, and Wellesley. They're in the minority but they do it. I'd say the most students live in Brighton and Newton. A sizeable number live in Brookline, and more than a handful live downtown.
BC '09

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2008, 11:20:54 AM »
Above, you were talking about possibilities for a 1L summer.  You stated that big law as a 1L is tough to get, what other options does BC offer and make their 1L competitive in?

I'm not sure I understand your question. My earlier post mentioned a list of 1L opportunities aside from summer associate positions.

I'm asking whether BC helps its students get summer positioned besides big law that you mentioned.  Schools invite companies for OCI, but is there there something similar for clerkships or PI jobs? Can one get them through carreer services, or do they require much leg work?

At most schools, even T-6, you won't get a whole lot of OCI help for your 1L job ... especially with firm jobs.  Career Services might point you in the right direction but you need to do a lot of your own work
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

lgllgl2atty

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2008, 09:18:43 PM »
One of the reasons I read this thread is to see about commuting.  I will be commuting from Worcester no matter where I get in in Boston.  I didn't apply early decision anywhere, so I'm just browsing right now, and I have an acceptance from Suffolk, but really want BC.  I'll try to take the train early and late to commute if I don't find a carpool to my school.  Are you in Worcester?
Are there many students, or any that you know of, who commute to BC from the suburbs, or even as far as Worcester?