Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Has anybody heard back re. a test center complaint?  (Read 553 times)

ladivina

• View Profile
Has anybody heard back re. a test center complaint?
« on: December 17, 2007, 02:52:08 PM »
I sent a formal complaint (see Fire Alarm thread) to LSAC the Tuesday after the December test and received a confirmation email from them on that Friday.  Does anyone know how long it takes for them to review these and make a decision on what they are going to do?  Should I call or will they get annoyed? I know that my score is being held until it is resolved, but I would like a little bit of a timeline.  Thanks!
University of Denver 1L!
_____________________________ ________________
"Non tutta la frutta fa maturare"

DerekShiHarvard

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Has anybody heard back re. a test center complaint?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 06:08:31 PM »
I sent a formal complaint (see Fire Alarm thread) to LSAC the Tuesday after the December test and received a confirmation email from them on that Friday.  Does anyone know how long it takes for them to review these and make a decision on what they are going to do?  Should I call or will they get annoyed? I know that my score is being held until it is resolved, but I would like a little bit of a timeline.  Thanks!

I would definitely call, it cannot hurt you. From my experiences the LSAC administrators are very helpful--one personally contacted me in order to fix a LOR issue I was having, and she did not seem agitated at all.
Links:
PowerScore Bibles
Law School Numbers
LSAT Proctor DVD

The shadow proves the sunshine - press on fellow applicants!

rohan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 12:38:25 PM »

I spoke with LSAC yesterday. Was told that the rumour that scores will be released this Thursday is just that. A rumour.  ;) And that it typically takes at least two weeks and up to six weeks for them to investigate and close a complaint. They need to hear back from the proctors about the fire alarm issues and then will get back to us. I asked if I should go ahead an register for the Feb LSAT and was told to wait because having a complaint filed extends our deadlines for registration, cancellation, etc.

You should call, tho. If they were annoyed, I couldn't tell. Actually, they sounded happy to help.

ladivina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 02:09:25 PM »
So, you are saying that they would actually wait until the test is released to make a decision?  That seems strange since we would know what our score would be before we had to cancel.  It seems like based on history the test will be released by Friday.  Hmmm...

Oh, and btw, I'm not really worried about annoying LSAC.  ;)
University of Denver 1L!

ladivina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 03:46:49 PM »

It's not like they 'wait' to make a decision.  They have to go through steps, do an investigation, paperwork, etc.  Stuff you will come to know as due process once in LS.  Things like that take time. You wont be able to 'know' what your score would have been since you don't get to look at your bubble sheet before you decide whether to take the score or not after the process is done. 

Yes, I understand the concept of due process, and I understand that it will take time.  However, if the test is released Thursday or Friday, I could figure out my score without the bubble sheet if I remember what answers I chose.  Maybe not.  It just seems a little wierd.  Thank you for your input.
University of Denver 1L!