Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Virginia Law Class of 2011  (Read 12808 times)

Natural Law(yer)

• View Profile
Re: Virginia Law Class of 2011
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2008, 01:49:45 AM »
Does anyone know if there are nice housing options off campus for law students?

Well, first, there aren't really ON (grounds) housing options for law students.  I think there is one "dorm," but nearly everyone lives off-grounds.

I applied for a spot in the Copeley apartment...is it unlikely that I'll get a room there?

YeShallBeGods

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2008, 04:52:47 PM »
Howdy class of 2011 people!

I'm a rising 3L at UVA. You all are in for an awesome experience this fall.

I'm currently on the hunt for a housemate for the upcoming school year. I don't mean to derail the thread, but I found my previous roommate from posting on LSD. Let me tell you a little about the house and what I'm looking for.

The house I'm renting is a three story single family home approximately five minutes from the school (or less, depending upon how you hit the lights). I currently live in the single bedroom in the top floor, and am looking for someone to rent the entire first floor, which includes two bedrooms, full bath, and tons of closet space. The second floor is the main entry level and has a full kitchen (which I've already furnished) for our shared use. The place has a washer/dryer, wireless broadband internet connection, beautiful landscaped yard, and is on a peaceful cul-de-sac.

My main motiviation behind renting a house rather than one of the apartments within walking distance was simply that I wanted a reliably peaceful haven to come back to every day to do my studies. Indeed, I think much of my academic success first year came from having this little retreat. To that end, I'm searching for a relatively quiet and clean housemate (well, you only need to be clean on the central floor, not your personal floor) who intends to use the place as a private place to study, relax, and get away from some of the pressure that arises first year. Though such requests might make me seem like quite the stick in the mud, I'm actually an easy-going and relaxed person, and if you equally value having a quiet housemate who does their socializing outside of the home, you've found your match. And for a quick list of some of my hobbies: I'm a long-time pianist (and I actually teach, even in the school year, at a local art center), love literature, and have been a resident of the area for many years.

I'm asking for $800 a month (all utilities, trash, and broadband internet included) and have pics available upon request. I'm primarily looking for another guy to share the house with, although considering the living space is privately divided, I would at least consider a female housemate.

And as a final perk, you get to live with a 3L, which means you're instantly cooler than everyone else :)  In all serious, I'm happy to be a go-to source for any and all help you might need in school... I even netted my previous 1L housemate his summer job  ;)

Shoot me a PM if you're interested or know someone who might be--best wishes as you head towards your first year!!

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2008, 09:51:19 PM »
Hi guys,

I just did a big summary of all the bars in C'ville over on TLS. I haven't read this whole thread, so I am not sure if this would be redundant info. Would you all like a copy of it?

<--- still hopeful about getting off the waitlist at UVA