Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NU Status Checker Question  (Read 3649 times)

Supervik

• View Profile
    • Email
NU Status Checker Question
« on: December 16, 2007, 06:22:32 PM »
So for the past couple of weeks, the status checker has been saying my application is complete and that I should expect a decision within 6-8 weeks.  Now the status checker says my application was complete on 12/14 (two days ago) and that I should expect a decision in 6-8 weeks.  I turned in the application in early november.  Anyone know whats going on, why did my status say complete for so long, and only now its saying it was complete as of two days ago??   

wliyan

• View Profile
Re: NU Status Checker Question
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 07:16:32 PM »
I think other people have had this happen too. I just checked mine and it hasn't changed. Did you have a specific date for "complete" before? Did you send any updates? Anything through LSAC (e.g., updated transcript, new LSAT score)?
LSN - jumping on the bandwagon a little late.

rucoach

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 07:34:05 PM »
Did you interview?  I believe the status checker resets when the interview report arrives.
Penn Law Class of 2011

Supervik

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 07:53:03 PM »
I interviewed way back in October, so it said my application was recieved in October...even though I didn't send the actual app till november, when I sent in the application in November, the status said

Your application was recieved on 10/XX and is incomplete

then a few weeks later it said

Your application was recieved on 10/XX and is complete

now it says:

You application was received on 10/XX and was completed on 12/14 

I hadn't done anything since I turned in my app through LSAC in early november

rucoach

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 07:56:29 PM »
Yeah, but just because the interview was in October doesn't mean the interview report was sent in by then.  Mine reset as well, and I'm pretty sure it was due to the interview report.
Penn Law Class of 2011

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 07:57:05 PM »
I interviewed way back in October, so it said my application was recieved in October...even though I didn't send the actual app till november, when I sent in the application in November, the status said

Your application was recieved on 10/XX and is incomplete

then a few weeks later it said

Your application was recieved on 10/XX and is complete

now it says:

You application was received on 10/XX and was completed on 12/14 

I hadn't done anything since I turned in my app through LSAC in early november

The same thing happened to me.  I wouldn't really be counting the weeks down.  You will hear from them on or before Feb 1. 
Michigan 2L

Supervik

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 07:58:50 PM »
Yeah, but just because the interview was in October doesn't mean the interview report was sent in by then.  Mine reset as well, and I'm pretty sure it was due to the interview report.

I'm not sure about the interview report.....but I had my interview on campus......so I can't imagine it taking a long time to send in....

Supervik

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 07:59:56 PM »
Mine says:

"Application Status
Your application was received on 9/19/2007 and is complete. Please allow 6-8 weeks for a decision."

I sent it in Mid-Oct...

Mine used to say that....I'm guessing 9/19 was your inteview date, or the day they got your interview report......

wliyan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 09:01:43 PM »
Mine says:

"Application Status
Your application was received on 9/19/2007 and is complete. Please allow 6-8 weeks for a decision."

I sent it in Mid-Oct...

Mine used to say that....I'm guessing 9/19 was your inteview date, or the day they got your interview report......

Nope. Interview was late Oct.

Did you request your interview in September? I requested my interview before my app was sent in through LSAC and it has that earlier date shown.

My complete date just changed to 12/14 also. Probably not a big deal.

My "app received" date was the date of my on-campus interview. I had a completed date about a week after they requested my LSDAS report. Mine hasn't changed since. :( What is going on with their system??
LSN - jumping on the bandwagon a little late.

1s2io72

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 09:22:26 PM »
My guess:  Some people are getting accepted in the next 24 hours and it's creating a few bumps for the status checker.