Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LR Diagramming  (Read 483 times)

McBeer

• View Profile
LR Diagramming
« on: September 29, 2004, 11:02:06 PM »
I'm working my way through the LR Bible right now, and I just finished the chapter on conditional reasoning. I have a few questions about diagramming:

1. Do you guys diagram each potential answer choice when looking for a contrapositive or repeat diagram? When you find it do you stop or do all five?

2. How long did this take you at the beginning? What about after you had practiced it?

It seems this technique would really increase your chances of getting the question correct, but it also seems like it could be time consuming. Any hints?

midlife catharsis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LR Diagramming
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 12:42:03 AM »
It is certainly a good idea to practice diagramming everything to get the concepts and mechanics down pat.  You will eventually internalize these tools and will not need to draw diagrams on tests, except for tricky formal logic or hard parallel reasoning questions. 

Stroopwafel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LR Diagramming
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 01:09:32 AM »
Good point.

I'm working on AR like a Mofo right now. I've been diagramming every little thing. When I started to recognized the patterns then I only diagrammed the stuff that was critical.

In speaking with others about their experiences and with some research it seems like certain people respond to certain types of games better then other types. The ones you like just make more sense to you initially.

I've found that I read all the games through first and do them in the order of my comfort level. So the game that I recognize is my "favorite" I can get the highest accuracy on. Once I get the comfort level in, I panic less on the rest of them.
Rest not. Life is sweeping by; go and dare before you die. Something mighty and sublime, leave behind to conquer time.

-Goethe