Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New Transcript This Semester??  (Read 310 times)

P. Pius

• View Profile
New Transcript This Semester??
« on: December 15, 2007, 08:13:55 PM »
So I already submitted my applications to several law schools during November, but now that this semester is overwith, my GPA has gone up significantly.  (Well, maybe not a lot...but still enough to possibly make a difference:  From a 3.26 to a 3.31)  What I'm trying to figure out is how to get this updated transcript not only to the schools I've already applied to, but also how to handle it with the ones I'll apply to in the coming days.

Should I send a new one into LSDAS and hope they can process it quickly, or should I just individually mail out transcripts to all the schools??  Thanks for the help ya'll. 
In like Flint (Accepted):  South Texas, St. Mary's
Out on a limb (Pending):  Arizona State, Southwestern, Oregon
Better luck next time (Denial): 

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=runnerxc8888

antaresvi

• Sr. Citizen
  • law school.
    • View Profile
Re: New Transcript This Semester??
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 08:27:38 PM »
So I already submitted my applications to several law schools during November, but now that this semester is overwith, my GPA has gone up significantly.  (Well, maybe not a lot...but still enough to possibly make a difference:  From a 3.26 to a 3.31)  What I'm trying to figure out is how to get this updated transcript not only to the schools I've already applied to, but also how to handle it with the ones I'll apply to in the coming days.

Should I send a new one into LSDAS and hope they can process it quickly, or should I just individually mail out transcripts to all the schools??  Thanks for the help ya'll. 

I'm planning to do both, especially because LSAC is going to be closed from the 22nd to the 1st. I think what I'm going to do is send the LSAC one asap, and then send individual ones to some of the schools that I haven't heard from. I figure they worst they can do is add it to my file and not consult it until the official one comes in. My $.02.

RockShox007

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 09:24:41 PM »
Is it necessary to send "official" transcripts directly to schools, even if the one sent to LSAC is official... the reason I ask is because at my school it's almost $20 to send official transcripts, but $3.00 to send unofficial's.  I'm thinking that if you send a letter w/ the unofficial to all the schools explaining that LSAC updated transcripts are on their way, but you wanted to expedite the process a little, then this should be sufficient???

gclemen1

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 09:39:56 AM »
Does anybody have an educated Guess as to how long it will take LSAC after the break to send out all the new reports?  2 weeks?  A month?

rsr28

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 09:45:30 AM »
Is it necessary to send "official" transcripts directly to schools, even if the one sent to LSAC is official... the reason I ask is because at my school it's almost $20 to send official transcripts, but $3.00 to send unofficial's.  I'm thinking that if you send a letter w/ the unofficial to all the schools explaining that LSAC updated transcripts are on their way, but you wanted to expedite the process a little, then this should be sufficient???

That's really messed up.  $20???  Insane.