Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Black Women going into biglaw...  (Read 9338 times)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Black Women going into biglaw...
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2007, 05:27:03 PM »
 :D  u are an ass but u know the point i was making..there's always an exception to the rule :P.. maybe not where you are though :D

women with trust funds are likely annoying. I'll pass.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2007, 05:42:59 PM »
:D  u are an ass but u know the point i was making..there's always an exception to the rule :P.. maybe not where you are though :D

I don't get this.
Look to the left -- Look to the right

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2007, 05:45:59 PM »
i meant @ hls.. perhaps the young ladies that are weathly by inheritance are "likely annoying" there... i said there's an exception to the rule but perhaps there isn't an exception "where you are"

I don't get this.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

UNAS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2007, 07:49:27 PM »
So is there some high society dating network amongst young urban professional where you all plan to get your equals?? Based on what I am hearing there is a strong likelihood you all will not date folks that earn a fraction of your income. Is money so important that you would be willing to forego a perfectly good handsome educated man that makes half what you make in order to hedge a potential loss from you being out of work? That specifically is addressing MDlaw statement.

I mean from what I here sistagirl you would rather be with a herb making equal money than a stud making 50K a year.

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2007, 07:59:40 PM »
So is there some high society dating network amongst young urban professional where you all plan to get your equals?? Based on what I am hearing there is a strong likelihood you all will not date folks that earn a fraction of your income. Is money so important that you would be willing to forego a perfectly good handsome educated man that makes half what you make in order to hedge a potential loss from you being out of work? That specifically is addressing MDlaw statement.

I mean from what I here sistagirl you would rather be with a herb making equal money than a stud making 50K a year.

by the same token, would you not date someone who seems compatible just because she makes vastly more than you and your ego would take a hit by not following society's male as bread winner paradigm?

it goes both ways.

i'm sure that MD did not mean that she just wouldn't date someone who may seem compatible just because of a huge income difference.  however, she's being realistic in that  both parties--whether the man is making more or vice versa-- may become uncomfortable later.

i was watching Never Scared last night and even CR mentioned this---if the girl makes less, she's all like "i hate this *&^%, i wanna make decisions to, you're not my daddy, i don't need you to take care of me".  if the girl makes more "you broke mofo, i'm tired of making decisions, i want someone to take care of me". 

vast money differences may cause issues no matter who in the relationship is making more---its about picking the right person and discussing all of this b4 and knowing what you are getting into.

Columbia 3L

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2007, 08:03:48 PM »

by the same token, would you not date someone who seems compatible just because she makes vastly more than you and your ego would take a hit by not following society's male as bread winner paradigm?

it goes both ways.

i'm sure that MD did not mean that she just wouldn't date someone who may seem compatible just because of a huge income difference.  however, she's being realistic in that  both parties--whether the man is making more or vice versa-- may become uncomfortable later.

i was watching Never Scared last night and even CR mentioned this---if the girl makes less, she's all like "i hate this poo, i wanna make decisions to, you're not my daddy, i don't need you to take care of me".  if the girl makes more "you broke mofo, i'm tired of making decisions, i want someone to take care of me". 

vast money differences may cause issues no matter who in the relationship is making more---its about picking the right person and discussing all of this b4 and knowing what you are getting into.

Look I consider all of you my friends. In the spirit of brotherhood and friendship, if money is getting in the way of any of your relationships...please send me the excess dough. I'll be happy to fix that problem for you.
YLS c/o 2009

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2007, 08:05:29 PM »

it goes both ways.

i was watching Never Scared last night and even CR mentioned this---if the girl makes less, she's all like "i hate this poo, i wanna make decisions to, you're not my daddy, i don't need you to take care of me".  if the girl makes more "you broke mofo, i'm tired of making decisions, i want someone to take care of me". 

Look I consider all of you my friends. In the spirit of brotherhood and friendship, if money is getting in the way of any of your relationships...please send me the excess dough. I'll be happy to fix that problem for you.

???

i didn't say it WOULD get in the way (especially with me)...i said it could--but it's about knowing yourself and the person who you want to be with

MCB really ought to be studying for her contracts final.

i am, i am!!!
Columbia 3L

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2007, 08:06:29 PM »

it goes both ways.

???

i didn't say it WOULD get in the way (especially with me)...i said it could--but it's about knowing yourself and the person who you want to be with

i am, i am!!!

No you MCB! :) I have a dirty habit of just replying to the previous post whether or not it is relevant to what i'm saying.
YLS c/o 2009

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2007, 08:07:36 PM »

it goes both ways.

???

i am, i am!!!

No you MCB! :) I have a dirty habit of just replying to the previous post whether or not it is relevant to what i'm saying.

gotcha  ;)
Columbia 3L

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2007, 08:23:27 PM »

so you would be opposed to her sending you money?

i am, i am!!!

good.  now i just need to get that tom kid in line.

lol, let's not get carried away.
YLS c/o 2009