Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Black Women going into biglaw...  (Read 9306 times)

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
Re: Black Women going into biglaw...
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2007, 02:10:09 PM »
I don't care if my girl makes more money than me. No biggie. It's whatever.
Look to the left -- Look to the right

TruOne

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2007, 03:28:32 PM »
I don't care if my girl makes more money than me. No biggie. It's whatever.

Ha! Even if she's paying all, if not most, of the bills? That wouldn't be a biggie?
Warning: Educated Black Man

University of Law '09

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2007, 03:39:05 PM »
I wouldn't be a brokeass. She would just be making more.

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2007, 03:41:52 PM »
lol, you guys are whack. I want a woman that is going to make more or equal as me. In what world is it practical to be less wealthy collectively because of ego?
YLS c/o 2009

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2007, 03:44:34 PM »
lol, you guys are whack. I want a woman that is going to make more or equal as me. In what world is it practical to be less wealthy collectively because of ego?

Preach!

My mom made more than my dad for much of their professional lives.  It was no biggie.  She would arrange for money to be transferred to account automatically.  He took care of certain bills (mortgages, school fees, etc) and she took care of certain bills (groceries, household stuff, etc).  You make it work.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

TruOne

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2007, 03:47:46 PM »

If you are making $130k and the wife is making $150k, then that's cool. Both of ya'll are making more than the average couple and if either person ever got sick then the family would still be bringing in 6 figures. Ya'll are on the way to building wealth.

But if you are making $50k and she's making $130k. That's not building wealth, that's you relying on her income. She the breadwinner.
Warning: Educated Black Man

University of Law '09

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2007, 03:51:05 PM »

agreed.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2007, 04:23:38 PM »

Correct, that would be ideal.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2007, 04:37:12 PM »
well then tell those brothers making 50k to go back to school so that they can have more earning potential.. or tell them to man the @#!* up and realize that in this world there are plenty of women..blk women out there that are doing the damn thing and they aren't going to stop doing the damn thing and achieving their goals because Willie's feelings are hurt because he's making less than she is..it sounds like a personal problem to me.. insecurities because he's not reaching his own earning potential.. or maybe he is and can't accept the fact that the woman has surpassed him...

either way though.. one would think that in our generation that the perception would change and these busters still didn't exist that thought it was a threat for said woman to bring home more money than the man..

so how about this? the guy makes 50k the woman makes 40k but she's wealthy.. does the 50k guy leave her because she has wealth passed down from generations? or does she have to prepare to be in a house with a bunch of cats or look solely for men that have the same economic background that she has?

MdLaw it's great to see you back! ;)

If you are making $130k and the wife is making $150k, then that's cool. Both of ya'll are making more than the average couple and if either person ever got sick then the family would still be bringing in 6 figures. Ya'll are on the way to building wealth.

But if you are making $50k and she's making $130k. That's not building wealth, that's you relying on her income. She the breadwinner.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2007, 05:18:24 PM »
women with trust funds are likely annoying. I'll pass.