Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Black Women going into biglaw...  (Read 9468 times)

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
Re: Black Women going into biglaw...
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2007, 12:56:43 AM »
I just noticed something Moni: Even you have more posts than me!
Look to the left -- Look to the right

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2007, 12:57:59 AM »
I just noticed something Moni: Even you have more posts than me!

I'm moving on up in the world
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2007, 07:56:32 AM »
i rather shop online lol..besides that way i know no one else has tried on or returned the clothing

That's not true!  You don't think people return stuff they buy online?  That's why I don't buy online, because I'd have to buy 3 different sizes and return two!

right on the latter. I only buy stuff online if I know my size at that particular store/clothing line.

Agreed with the latter, and that's because I hate returning things through the mail.  If it's a store like J. Crew that allows you to return things to the store, though, no biggie (and would also kinda negate blk's point).

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2007, 08:48:58 AM »
well yeah.. but I only order from places where I know my size and trust that the picture is accurate of the actual color of th article of clothing... i'm assuming here..but if you order something from a J Crew or BR.. more often than not if it needs to be returned folks would just go the store rather than the process of shipping it back out.. I'm not saying I don't go to malls at all lol.. but I do the majority of my shopping online.. I haven't bought a single Christmas gift from the stores this yr  :D..  all those people and all that snow?  :-\ i'll pass..

i rather shop online lol..besides that way i know no one else has tried on or returned the clothing

That's not true!  You don't think people return stuff they buy online?  That's why I don't buy online, because I'd have to buy 3 different sizes and return two!
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2007, 11:08:21 AM »
well yeah.. but I only order from places where I know my size and trust that the picture is accurate of the actual color of th article of clothing... i'm assuming here..but if you order something from a J Crew or BR.. more often than not if it needs to be returned folks would just go the store rather than the process of shipping it back out.. I'm not saying I don't go to malls at all lol.. but I do the majority of my shopping online.. I haven't bought a single Christmas gift from the stores this yr  :D..  all those people and all that snow?  :-\ i'll pass..

I love Christmas shopping (to a point).  So far I've bought all my gifts online (2 digital cameras) but I'm going to the mall today to pick up some stuff.  I'm trying to decide why I want for Christmas from my parents (yes, they ask me).  Suggestions?
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2007, 11:48:51 AM »
some warm sexy boots lol...even though it seems impersonal a gift certificate or two to stores that you love to shop @ so that u can use it for a big sale... or they could never go wrong with purchasing your books for spring semester ;)

I love Christmas shopping (to a point).  So far I've bought all my gifts online (2 digital cameras) but I'm going to the mall today to pick up some stuff.  I'm trying to decide why I want for Christmas from my parents (yes, they ask me).  Suggestions?
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2007, 11:51:04 AM »
some warm sexy boots lol...even though it seems impersonal a gift certificate or two to stores that you love to shop @ so that u can use it for a big sale... or they could never go wrong with purchasing your books for spring semester ;)

I definitely want some boots, though your second suggestion is definitely my issue,  Every time I look at some nice boots or sweaters I think how much cheaper it'll be after Christmas!

lsn

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2007, 11:55:16 AM »
i'm the same way.. day after christmas sale is going to be a mess.. and i definitely need more sweaters since i've been away from the cold so long.. i keep checking the mail for my christmas gifts since i won't be going home for the holidays.. so i'm hoping for some gift certificates of my own...or a termbill payment for my coursepackets :P lol...

I definitely want some boots, though your second suggestion is definitely my issue,  Every time I look at some nice boots or sweaters I think how much cheaper it'll be after Christmas!

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2007, 08:24:18 PM »
do you think the enormous salaries you all will be earning will pose a problem in your romance life?

Most men have problems making less than women, but even a very liberal minded educated man in his late 20s or early 30s would shudder at the idea of a young lady he is dating bringing in close to 200K a year.

So I both agree and disagree w/ the other ladies on this thread. 

Nope.  Def not worried about that at all.  I don't see that being a hindrance in my romantic/personal life.  I wouldnt use that as something to lord over the guy's thread nor would I use it to emasculate him in any way.  But I do think a man can still be a man w/o making more $ than me; he can still be a provider.

And I don't see a lot of men that I would date as having a problem. Some men may have an issue with it but they'd prolly be disqualified from dating me on other grounds  ;) :D

A lot of women in this level of  education date guys similiarly educated.   Some women don't date "down".  I think they'd be dating bruhs that were making the same or similar amount of $.

Yeah your girlfriend just had a weird sense of entitlement thing going on and should've gotten dropped on that basis.    But x-mas?  That I gotta speak on.  I had one dude give me a gift-  I had  noooooooooooo idea that we were exchanging/ at that stage in the relationship where we would be giving gifts  ???  We had never exchanged before and I knew dude for a while.  So she may not have realized.  She may have even thought about it but felt you may act weird about it if she got u a gift.  Some guys get weird and may think the female's trying to move the relationship some place where he's not ready to go yet.
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King