Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Black Women going into biglaw...  (Read 9486 times)

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
Re: Black Women going into biglaw...
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2007, 10:56:12 PM »
well then tell those brothers making 50k to go back to school so that they can have more earning potential.. or tell them to man the @#!* up and realize that in this world there are plenty of women..blk women out there that are doing the damn thing and they aren't going to stop doing the damn thing and achieving their goals because Willie's feelings are hurt because he's making less than she is..it sounds like a personal problem to me.. insecurities because he's not reaching his own earning potential.. or maybe he is and can't accept the fact that the woman has surpassed him...

Wow. . . .this response is so shallow and materialistic. So he's at fault b/c he's making less. Nowhere in the scenario did I say that he was lazy or just sitting around twiddling his thumbs.

It is quite possible that he has a terminal degree, but he's working for the Gov't as a social worker or maybe a teacher in a small county.

Wow . . just wow.

calm down playa, calm down. you just need to find love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3787j_3eaE

there you go.
Look to the left -- Look to the right

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2007, 11:03:23 PM »
 :D

well then tell those brothers making 50k to go back to school so that they can have more earning potential.. or tell them to man the @#!* up and realize that in this world there are plenty of women..blk women out there that are doing the damn thing and they aren't going to stop doing the damn thing and achieving their goals because Willie's feelings are hurt because he's making less than she is..it sounds like a personal problem to me.. insecurities because he's not reaching his own earning potential.. or maybe he is and can't accept the fact that the woman has surpassed him...

Wow. . . .this response is so shallow and materialistic. So he's at fault b/c he's making less. Nowhere in the scenario did I say that he was lazy or just sitting around twiddling his thumbs.

It is quite possible that he has a terminal degree, but he's working for the Gov't as a social worker or maybe a teacher in a small county.

Wow . . just wow.

calm down playa, calm down. you just need to find love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3787j_3eaE

there you go.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2007, 11:11:46 PM »

That is not a problem for me at all.  It all depends on the person.  If he can handle it and he's ambitious like you stated, then it's all good (he's a rider and I'm a roller put us together how you goin' stop both of us  :D --sorry had to pay homage). I can't see myself throwing it back in his face.  If we're compatible, hopefully money will not be an issue.  I'm not an overly excessive spender and have always lived within my means. Two people living on a $225k salary ain't bad. :)  The problem is finding that good brotha  ;) I keed (somewhat)  :D

the bolded may cause problems for any of my future relationships if the guy in uncomfortable with me making more...bc i am an excessive spender (though i'm not hoodrich about it--i buy things when i have a surplus or whatever).  i can see that making someone uncomfortable if i go shopping and buy this and that and dude is just feeling bad bc he can't do the same.

It all depends on who you are and what your style is.  Whenever the bf and I go shopping I come back with multiple bags and he comes back with one thing or nothing at all.  There was a point when it was because I had more disposable income than him but mostly its cause he just doesn't spend money like that.  He's perfectly content to go shopping with me (well to a certain point, its definitely not his fav activity) and hold my bags while I do my thing, without feeling the need to buy a whole bunch of stuff for himself.

Plus, if we're married, I believe in our wealth, so if he's making 50k and I'm making 150k, then we both have 10k (or whatever) in disposable income to spend as we wish.

Lol ita. 

The g/f always buys far more than I.  I usually just go to people watch.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2007, 11:13:02 PM »
people watch? isn't that a serial killer trait?

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2007, 11:19:11 PM »

That is not a problem for me at all.  It all depends on the person.  If he can handle it and he's ambitious like you stated, then it's all good (he's a rider and I'm a roller put us together how you goin' stop both of us  :D --sorry had to pay homage). I can't see myself throwing it back in his face.  If we're compatible, hopefully money will not be an issue.  I'm not an overly excessive spender and have always lived within my means. Two people living on a $225k salary ain't bad. :)  The problem is finding that good brotha  ;) I keed (somewhat)  :D

the bolded may cause problems for any of my future relationships if the guy in uncomfortable with me making more...bc i am an excessive spender (though i'm not hoodrich about it--i buy things when i have a surplus or whatever).  i can see that making someone uncomfortable if i go shopping and buy this and that and dude is just feeling bad bc he can't do the same.

It all depends on who you are and what your style is.  Whenever the bf and I go shopping I come back with multiple bags and he comes back with one thing or nothing at all.  There was a point when it was because I had more disposable income than him but mostly its cause he just doesn't spend money like that.  He's perfectly content to go shopping with me (well to a certain point, its definitely not his fav activity) and hold my bags while I do my thing, without feeling the need to buy a whole bunch of stuff for himself.

Plus, if we're married, I believe in our wealth, so if he's making 50k and I'm making 150k, then we both have 10k (or whatever) in disposable income to spend as we wish.

Lol ita. 

The g/f always buys far more than I.  I usually just go to people watch.

The one time my dad went with me to mall of ga he brought a book and sat on a bench while I shopped  :D (and no, he didn't pay for me, that's not how we roll  :P).
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2007, 11:20:16 PM »
i rather shop online lol..besides that way i know no one else has tried on or returned the clothing
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2007, 12:19:59 AM »

So is being a hermit ;)

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2007, 12:21:35 AM »
i rather shop online lol..besides that way i know no one else has tried on or returned the clothing

That's not true!  You don't think people return stuff they buy online?  That's why I don't buy online, because I'd have to buy 3 different sizes and return two!
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2007, 12:50:40 AM »

So is being a hermit ;)

shut up ass.

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2007, 12:55:42 AM »

That's not true!  You don't think people return stuff they buy online?  That's why I don't buy online, because I'd have to buy 3 different sizes and return two!

right on the latter. I only buy stuff online if I know my size at that particular store/clothing line.