Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Black Women going into biglaw...  (Read 9567 times)

lalalagirl007

• Sr. Citizen
  • fierceness.
    • View Profile
Re: Black Women going into biglaw...
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 07:27:53 PM »
Are there any black women in biglaw that post here in the BLSD? I would love to hear about your experiences at your firm.

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 07:29:35 PM »
lol. The problem I've noticed with many of my very successful Black female friends is that they date exclusively losers.
YLS c/o 2009

TruOne

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 07:41:07 PM »
but the flip side is her ass was cheap.

I think that is the answer to your question right there. Whether she works for Waffle House or King & Spalding. Cheap people are cheap people.
Warning: Educated Black Man

University of Law '09

TruOne

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 07:48:01 PM »
lol. The problem I've noticed with many of my very successful Black female friends is that they date exclusively losers.

I hope you aren't trying to insult the losers. It takes a special kind of "loser" to pull a woman making BIGLAW salary. If it was so easy all men would go out and find them one instead of Tashawnisha at Waffle House.

Instead of knocking the loser, why don't we sit down and discuss what it is that he used to wrangle up such a fine woman.

Don't Playa Hate, Collaborate.
Warning: Educated Black Man

University of Law '09

UNAS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007, 08:05:36 PM »

I hope you aren't trying to insult the losers. It takes a special kind of "loser" to pull a woman making BIGLAW salary. If it was so easy all men would go out and find them one instead of Tashawnisha at Waffle House.

Instead of knocking the loser, why don't we sit down and discuss what it is that he used to wrangle up such a fine woman.

I agree. Sometimes fellas say fine pretty successful chicks date losers: there is definetly more than meets the eye whenever that occurs.

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 08:13:28 PM »

collaborate on what?
YLS c/o 2009

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 09:27:57 PM »
as usual.... i agree with my triplet sisters  ;) pikey and mcb...

this thread is hilarious.. but my two favorite statements are "things could get real ignorant real quick if a person is in your age range" and.. "during an argument a woman will bring up how much more money she's making than the guy"...

it's funny that some guys really think that in moments of dissention..a woman is going to make it her mission to attempt to emasculate her man...

Edit: and unless a woman in Biglaw is dating another attorney.. a successful businessman or a doctor that's done with his residency..a rich guy...or insert another job making 160k or more 9 out of 10 she's going to bring home more money than he does...

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 09:29:44 PM »
hit me up via PM with specific questions..i practiced for a little bit before going back to school this yr..

Are there any black women in biglaw that post here in the BLSD? I would love to hear about your experiences at your firm.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 10:07:58 PM »
even a very liberal minded educated man in his late 20s or early 30s would shudder at the idea of a young lady he is dating bringing in close to 200K a year.

Incorrect.

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 10:13:20 PM »
even a very liberal minded educated man in his late 20s or early 30s would shudder at the idea of a young lady he is dating bringing in close to 200K a year.

Incorrect.

+1
YLS c/o 2009