Law School Discussion

Length

Re: Length
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 11:59:06 PM »
It was a lot easier to get mine to 2 pages after having a writing professor read it.  She'd point to entire paragraphs and just say things like "no" or "i like the idea behind this...but none of the words."  Actually, mine ended up being just under 2 pages.  I think a lot of it comes down to realizing that just because something is important to you doesn't mean it's important to your personal statement.

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 01:29:19 PM »
UCLA = 2 pages, 12 pt font.  That's not a lot of room.

I started the UCLA application, saw these rules for the personal statement, and that was that...

Matthew

• Formerly known as /\_-=-M-=-_/\
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 12:58:36 AM »

haha wow actually yeah, i forgot i applied there.  Maybe because I've never heard anything from them since I sent in my application 2 1/2 months ago, not even a complete notice.  Which may be because I sent them an 11 pt font essay!  A clear sign that directions need to be followed.

I'm in the exact same boat, including the 11pt.  Did they ever even send you an application recieved email?  I've heard absolutely nothing.  I've really stopped caring about them though.

Martin Prince, Jr.

• Excelsior!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 06:09:21 AM »
Since UCLA is on my list I bit the bullet and edited down my statement to 2 pages, 12 pt font. curses.

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 10:06:47 AM »

haha wow actually yeah, i forgot i applied there.  Maybe because I've never heard anything from them since I sent in my application 2 1/2 months ago, not even a complete notice.  Which may be because I sent them an 11 pt font essay!  A clear sign that directions need to be followed.

I'm in the exact same boat, including the 11pt.  Did they ever even send you an application recieved email?  I've heard absolutely nothing.  I've really stopped caring about them though.

No i haven't heard a single thing, but i've pretty much stopped caring too.  I also left every part of the application labeled "optional" blank, so i'm sure my chances aren't great anyway.