Law School Discussion

Dating weird people

lexylit

Re: Dating weird people
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2004, 12:21:43 AM »
i have plans to rent it tomorrow with someone so please don't give anything away!

gobears

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2004, 12:29:06 AM »
i have plans to rent it tomorrow with someone so please don't give anything away!

Is it for a date?  Nice touch if it is! ;) 

All I'll say is that at the end of the movie, they see dead people.  And Bruce Willis is a ghost.  But that's all I'll say.

KristyB

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2004, 12:31:04 AM »
Speaking of dating weird people, did any of you guys ever see the movie, "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"?  It was dope.  A really cool flick.

This was a great flick. I think I hyped it up before I saw it though because it wasn't as amazing as I had imagined. I've done the same with "Garden State" I believe. I don't think it can live up to what I hope it to be. Has anyone seen it?

gobears

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2004, 12:36:19 AM »
Hey KristyB,

Yeah I did see "Garden State" too!  That was a funny movie.  I didn't like it as much as I did "Eternal Sunshine" though, but I still thought it was pretty cool.  Zach Braff seems like he's got a lot of talent, a lot of potential to become a good director.  Natalie Portman was cute too.

By the way, aren't you the girl teaching English in China (if I remember right)?  Is it pretty easy to watch a lot of American or Western movies out there?  Just curious.

KristyB

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2004, 12:52:29 AM »
Yeah, I'm in China. It isn't very easy to get the more independent films like "Garden State" or "Eternal Sunshine" but all the other major movies are on VCD/DVD and you can buy them for really cheap. They come out the same week as the movies do in the US because people go into the movie theatre with a digital video camera and record the movie. I can get a VCD for less than $1 but the quality sucks. It's weird too because you can hear the audience laughing and clapping sometimes. I bought Collateral and the audience was laughing at really strange times and it totally ruined the movie for me.

As far as seeing movies in the theatre, they only get like 7 foreign movies a year that are officially "allowed" into the country, so I won't be seeing anything on the big screen for awhile. My Chinese isn't good enough to sit through a Chinese movie without subtitles. :(

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2004, 08:10:47 AM »
Hey KristyB,

Yeah I did see "Garden State" too!  That was a funny movie.  I didn't like it as much as I did "Eternal Sunshine" though, but I still thought it was pretty cool.  Zach Braff seems like he's got a lot of talent, a lot of potential to become a good director. 

Good quirky ideas.  Terrible script as a whole!  Let us not compare this Eternal Sunshine, which is obviously on the best films to come out this decade.

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2004, 08:11:29 AM »
that would probably be my catholic, not-college-educated, marine corps, tattooed general contractor beefcake[/b]  ;)

he was smokin'

Maybe this is the vegatarian speaking in me, but that sounds not very sexy/attractive at all.  Sorry lexy, I still think you're great

Yeah, but I wouldn't consider being called a tofucake an ego stroke.

"That dude is a real Soyman. Total tofucake."
"Why thank you. I try and work out."
"I can tell. You are so beany."
"Aww shucks. Spot me darling."

Soyman?  Tofucake?  Beany?  Comeon, tell me that doesn't sound attractive?!  8)

lexylit

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2004, 09:08:15 AM »
Is it for a date?  Nice touch if it is! ;) 

no but i had a really good date last night right before you posted that  :D just thought i'd share

lazybum

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2004, 09:19:52 AM »
I've always dated really tall guys with dark hair and light eyes.  It's not because I consciously seek them; it just works out that way.  BUT THEN THERE WAS THAT ONE MONTH  :o when I dated this guy who was just barely my height, blonde, and had brown eyes.  I don't know what happened.  His personality didn't even fit in with my usual guys.  He was... average... I guess is the word.  I mean, there was nothing extraordinary or fabulous about him.  I guess I was just bored or something.  Anyway, I often think back to the guy and wonder - what the hell was I thinking? 

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2004, 09:23:43 AM »
Average guys need love too.  That's why God gave them average girls! ;)

ZAP