Law School Discussion

UPenn Class of 2011

MahlerGrooves

• See! Leonard Bernstein gave me a shoutout!
    • View Profile
Re: UPenn Class of 2011
« Reply #330 on: March 21, 2008, 04:17:35 PM »
tis a bummer. I'm afraid of 200k in debt :(

I have that plus another 120 from undergrad and another 20 for grad.

loowho

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 21, 2008, 04:23:30 PM »
you win. I'm sorry  :-\

« Reply #332 on: March 21, 2008, 07:05:29 PM »
I got my fin aid notification-- and I feel fortunate to have gotten the award they gave me.

Did any of the rest of you modify the suggested budget?  I know that the current students have mentioned that you can get increases on your budget for living expenses, etc., but I am wondering if this is the way to do it. 

MahlerGrooves

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 21, 2008, 09:55:38 PM »
I got my fin aid notification-- and I feel fortunate to have gotten the award they gave me.

Did any of the rest of you modify the suggested budget?  I know that the current students have mentioned that you can get increases on your budget for living expenses, etc., but I am wondering if this is the way to do it. 

I'd like to know this too.  My rent is expensive and, despite their thinking to the contrary, I don't have any money, so I need to modify my budget to get more coin.

« Reply #334 on: March 21, 2008, 11:25:22 PM »
got the financial aid email, but can't access the website!!  torture...

MahlerGrooves

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 22, 2008, 07:57:00 AM »

do you really want to attend a school that purposely tortures you?  ???

Yes.  ;D

« Reply #336 on: March 22, 2008, 08:07:43 AM »
Here's my dilemma... My parents haven't filed their taxes yet. I talked to their accountant (my friend's dad) and he said they're filing for an extension like they did last year so they won't be filing until September. I don't know why, but that's what they do. I emailed Penn to see if their 2006 returns and W2s from this year would suffice instead b/c nothing has really changed for them but being the weekend I haven't heard back. Anyone else been in this situation? Do you think they'll accept this instead?   

« Reply #337 on: March 22, 2008, 11:00:08 AM »

do you really want to attend a school that purposely tortures you?  ???

lol.  gawd, you are so cute.

« Reply #338 on: March 23, 2008, 01:47:16 PM »
Hey, for those of you into IP/technology/entertainment law, check out Penn IP Group's new blog:  http://pipgblog.blogspot.com/

Hopefully that will get some of you newbies excited about LS (and help get us indexed in Google!).  It's amazing how many great events students put together every year.   :)

« Reply #339 on: March 23, 2008, 06:28:11 PM »

I'd like to know this too.  My rent is expensive and, despite their thinking to the contrary, I don't have any money, so I need to modify my budget to get more coin.

I sent an email asking about this, among other things.  I'll report back when I get a response.