Law School Discussion

UPenn Class of 2011

Team Pam

• "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
Re: UPenn Class of 2011
« Reply #290 on: March 09, 2008, 07:45:54 AM »
I'll be in Philly tomorrow (Sunday) night and Monday morning to visit UPenn. Will any students be around to grab a beer?

Alas, it's spring break, so I think most of us are out of town (or out of the country if you're Towelie :)).

Ding me I dare ya!

• Yatta!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 09, 2008, 11:50:15 AM »
Ok, I'm flying in to Philadelphia for ASW on THursday Night.  Does anyone know what is the best way to get from the airport to campus or wherever the student host lives?  Also, how does this travel reimbursement work? Do I just send a printout of my airplane ticket confirmation page with the amount paid?  thanks!!

You can either take the rail for like $7 like Team Pam said, or get a cab which costs $26.25 flat rate from the airport into the city. As far as how the subsidy works, just bring your e-ticket/receipt with you.

Theres also Lady Liberty Shuttle which has a flat rate of 10 bucks... it basically work like a cab just call them up from the cab-calling kiosk thing at the airport... I took that the last time I flew to PHL
(it might take a little longer cuz you share the shuttle with other ppl and they get dropped off first... although the girl that was going to University City in the same shuttle as me got dropped off first)

HTH

Ding me I dare ya!

• Yatta!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 09, 2008, 11:53:15 AM »
so I'm seriously considering the Rittenhouse Dist in CC... (around 19th and Chestnut) any particular gut opinions?

also how often do you have to stay late on Campus? (late to the point where it is creepy taking the subway back)

do ppl use the Penn transit shuttles? convenience?

Grazie.

As a 1L, I was rarely on campus past 5 or 6.  Once I started doing journal work as a 2L, I ended up being stuck kind of late.  If it's too late to walk (past 10pm, unless you have a buddy), I take the Penn Bus.  It's free and comes twice-three times an hour... it also stops right outside my house.   :)  I think south of Walnut is the cutest area, but it's just my opinion.... definitely you will be very close to the best restaurants and bars at 19th and Chestnut.

Though if you're thinking of living in the 1930 Chestnut building, I'd warn against it.  That management company is totally evil.

ooo good to know! i was actually looking at that building

anyone hear anything good or bad about Chestnut Hall in University City?

« Reply #293 on: March 10, 2008, 02:16:00 PM »
anyone else get an invitation to apply for the Levy on Friday? I'm wondering if this is a whole new round of nominations, or if they tacked me on to the end of the previous round because I emailed them about matching another scholarship offer.

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 10, 2008, 02:35:20 PM »
I mailed my Why Penn off a couple of days ago.  The guy at the post office told me "Wow!  That's such a good school.  Good luck."

Le sigh.  I hope it works.

MahlerGrooves

• See! Leonard Bernstein gave me a shoutout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 10, 2008, 03:50:17 PM »
anyone else get an invitation to apply for the Levy on Friday? I'm wondering if this is a whole new round of nominations, or if they tacked me on to the end of the previous round because I emailed them about matching another scholarship offer.

Probably a new round.

Numbers?

« Reply #296 on: March 10, 2008, 05:12:24 PM »

Probably a new round.

Numbers?

174/3.73

loowho

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 13, 2008, 06:33:31 PM »
Anyone know when financial aid packages will be coming out? I'm getting antsy!

« Reply #298 on: March 14, 2008, 03:51:18 PM »
Last year, I got an e-mail from Tony Henry on March 20 with the financial aid results (well, the username and password into the system to view the results).

loowho

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 16, 2008, 07:19:17 PM »
Sweet. I hope it comes before the ASW. It would be nice to know where I stand before I go visit!