Law School Discussion

UPenn Class of 2011

m1

• View Profile
Re: UPenn Class of 2011
« Reply #230 on: February 20, 2008, 12:25:03 PM »

you just named everything I love about Domus...come live here!

You may have already answered this but do you plan to stay there next year? What's the typical trend - Domus for a year then move to CC? Or are there students who stay there 2-3 years?

I'm staying here at least one more year, and since moving is such a pain, probably for the next two years.  I know 4 other students who are staying here the entire time they are in school.

and regarding where to stay for ASW, i'd actually recommend staying with a student.  I'm a host for the ASW, so maybe you'll be lucky enough to live on my couch for the weekend! :)  But seriously, staying with a student helped me a lot in making my decision to come to penn- it basically sealed the deal for me (and I'm still very good friends with the guy who hosted me).  One way in particular that it helps is that you get all the inside scoop on your profs and you come into penn law knowing at least one 2L. 

MahlerGrooves

• See! Leonard Bernstein gave me a shoutout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 20, 2008, 01:23:05 PM »

you just named everything I love about Domus...come live here!

You may have already answered this but do you plan to stay there next year? What's the typical trend - Domus for a year then move to CC? Or are there students who stay there 2-3 years?

I'm staying here at least one more year, and since moving is such a pain, probably for the next two years.  I know 4 other students who are staying here the entire time they are in school.

and regarding where to stay for ASW, i'd actually recommend staying with a student.  I'm a host for the ASW, so maybe you'll be lucky enough to live on my couch for the weekend! :)  But seriously, staying with a student helped me a lot in making my decision to come to penn- it basically sealed the deal for me (and I'm still very good friends with the guy who hosted me).  One way in particular that it helps is that you get all the inside scoop on your profs and you come into penn law knowing at least one 2L. 

But I thought that's why we talk to people on here  ;)

Anyway, are you involved with any of the preview day events?  I am going and was wondering if you'd be around for a real face-to-face chat about some questions I have about the LS.

« Reply #232 on: February 20, 2008, 03:39:00 PM »
Where do you find information about all this ASW stuff?

I found most of the information on the Admitted Students Website when I RSVP'd for ASW. It had a schedule of events and also asked if you wanted to stay with a student host.

« Reply #233 on: February 20, 2008, 09:47:00 PM »
Hey guys, guess what?  I'm going to be a Legal Writing Instructor next year!  So when people ask you who your LWI is, you can say, "Legapp!"   :)

Team Pam

• "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 21, 2008, 05:53:24 AM »
Hey guys, guess what?  I'm going to be a Legal Writing Instructor next year!  So when people ask you who your LWI is, you can say, "Legapp!"   :)

Congrats!!  :D

m1

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 21, 2008, 05:54:30 AM »
But I thought that's why we talk to people on here  ;)

Anyway, are you involved with any of the preview day events?  I am going and was wondering if you'd be around for a real face-to-face chat about some questions I have about the LS.

I'm not officially involved, but I'll be around during the day (and i'll help out of admissions needs anyone).  PM sent

Oh, and congrats legapp :)

« Reply #236 on: February 21, 2008, 06:14:35 AM »
cool, legapp...congrats!

« Reply #237 on: February 21, 2008, 06:53:07 AM »
Congrats Legapp!

As we get closer to the summer, law school is starting to feel more and more "real."

« Reply #238 on: February 21, 2008, 12:13:44 PM »
I've heard from my last few schools, and I am now 100% decided on Penn!   And, congrats Legapp!

Do any current students know how much the discount is for laptops if you buy them through Penn?  You can't logon without your PennKey and I am curious to find out if it is any better than the discount I can get through my dad (who works for Intel).  Thanks! 

loowho

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 21, 2008, 12:42:45 PM »
Does Penn match scholarships? Has anyone tried this or written a letter asking for scholarship $? Any success?