Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Duke or Hasting  (Read 5993 times)

filet o' fish

• Sr. Citizen
  • yum.
    • View Profile
Goaliechica
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2007, 07:25:31 PM »
Goaliechica
"Would you listen to me? Filet O' Fish."
"Filet a' Fish."

"No."

"I don't quite understand."

nike6075

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Duke or Hasting
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 10:29:23 AM »
PBJ - I think you mixed up your average requires top 1/2, above-average requires top 1/3 in the post above (shouldn't it be the other way around?)

Either way, I'm inclined to agree with you - but wouldn't this make GULC simply an average school?
dont worry guys, i had lotsof drinks, and now i feel better. hth.

nike6075

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 10:34:39 AM »
I'd probably agree with that - except that you listed 11 schools there (t11?!)
dont worry guys, i had lotsof drinks, and now i feel better. hth.

daysofconfusion

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007, 01:33:13 PM »
I'd probably agree with that - except that you listed 11 schools there (t11?!)

yeah, well, i'm too lazy to try to match up the lower tier below HYSCCN.

still, Hastings is no competition with these schools, even GULC.  it's like matching up a decent college baskbetball player with Kidd.
why would you pick an average law school over a T14?  none of the advice that you guys are giving makes any sense.

Hastings is hardly average.

i guess it comes down to what this fellow pbj thinks constitutes an "average" school. i'd like to hear his explanation if he has one, maybe he has a point.  I'd also like to see him acknowledge what I said earlier about there being other reasons to attend a school besides its ranking.

and one more question, how old are you PBJ?  just curious, you dont have to answer if you dont want to. just thought it might shed some light on your posts, no offense meant by that.

you answered the first question, i'd say its a valid point and you are correct for the most part.  but you didnt address what i said next, which is why you seem to be missing the point....

filet o' fish

• Sr. Citizen
  • yum.
    • View Profile
Goaliechica
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2007, 09:13:05 PM »
Goaliechica
"Would you listen to me? Filet O' Fish."
"Filet a' Fish."

"No."

"I don't quite understand."

TrumpWho??

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2008, 12:23:58 AM »
If this person got into Duke, why isnt USC or UCLA an option??

Hannibal

• Sr. Citizen
  • I love it when a plan comes together
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2008, 10:51:55 PM »
Interesting thread that sometimes devolves into a pissing match over the flaws in the arguments.  This is not the LSAT.

I just called a buddy of mine that went to Hastings and is now working in San Jose at a firm you could consider BigLaw.  He said "don't be stupid, go to Duke."  He said they get apps from about 100 Hastings students every year, but only two or three from Duke.  He thinks they would hire 2-3 from Hastings and give offers to 2 of the Duke students (hypothetically).

I know, the flaw in my argument is using a small sample to make an inference about the larger population.  It's just one opinion, and he's just a 3rd year associate, so he can see the resumes come through but is not privy to the hiring conversations.
Attending: Stanford
In: Yale, Stanford, Harvard, Chicago($$$), Berkeley, Michigan($$$$), Columbia($$$$), Penn($$$$), Virginia($$$$), Duke($$$$), Northwestern($$$$)