Law School Discussion

In at Penn!! (ED)

Re: In at Penn!! (ED)
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2007, 02:51:11 PM »
Where do you recommend living? Walking distance would be great but I don't mind a little commute. I would prefer somewhere I have the option of biking.

'tiki

• Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2007, 03:10:50 PM »
Where do you recommend living? Walking distance would be great but I don't mind a little commute. I would prefer somewhere I have the option of biking.

1/2 of the 1L class lives in Sansom the other 1/2 splits between CC and West Philly. I live in CC by Rittenhouse Sq and walk over all the time which is a 20min walk. Domus is great if you can afford to live there and know various people that do. I know of people that bike from CC and from West Philly and like it.

For the question somebody had regarding Sansom, Sansom has 1/2 of the 1L and it certainly is not as bad some people make it out to be. However, you can get a place of your own with kitchen etc for a similar or less rent in West Philly as well. I'll definitely add that you do not miss out on being part of the social life and action by not living there since again 1/2 the people don't.

Eggshell shouldn't you be studying for civ pro?  ;)

Team Pam

• "You know, I invented electricity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2007, 05:47:43 PM »
I have a question Eggshell, what can you tell me about Sansom?  I heard it is a little homely but pwns Domus.  Thanks dood.
Domus is very prestigous, but super expensive. It's full of gunners and strivers too.

:D  There are some chill people in Domus, too.  But it's really not worth the money... and I say that as someone who only pays 1/2 of a 1br rent.

I'd also recommend looking into International House, which is just across the street from Sansom.  It's affiliated with Penn but not part of it, and it seems like a pretty cool place to live.  I don't know what the rooms are like, though.

« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2007, 06:02:27 PM »
Get off LSD and get ready for my test tomorrow.

You no longer have a 50% of being right with 5 possible answers.

-Prof. Amy "The Supreme Court Lies" Wax

m1

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2007, 06:21:53 PM »
dear amy wax,

i am horribly screwed for your exam.  please take pity on me, i still have to learn all of contracts in the 48hrs after your exam.

love
m1

« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2007, 08:44:21 PM »
Is it safe to assume that Civ Pro with Amy Wax is a TTT class?

« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2007, 09:38:39 PM »
I think she is the best teacher, and I have opposite views.  You might not like her if you don't have thick skin.  She is the professor and uses the socratic method that you imagine as a 0L.

Team Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2007, 10:17:40 PM »
Wax is so much less scary than people make her out to be.  She has a good sense of humor and is quite friendly outside of class.  And she's a phenomenal teacher, whether you agree with her politics or not.  (I don't, generally, and I still loved her class.)

m1

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2007, 05:31:18 AM »
magnifying glass pwned.

I heard about that...how absurd

Team Pam

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2007, 06:05:43 AM »
Wax is so much less scary than people make her out to be.  She has a good sense of humor and is quite friendly outside of class.  And she's a phenomenal teacher, whether you agree with her politics or not.  (I don't, generally, and I still loved her class.)

If you were to rate her class, where would you rate it? HYS? T14? Tier 1? Temple? Drexel? Cooley? TYIA.

Penn, obvs.  A category of its own.