Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Loyola Chicago Financial Aid  (Read 1270 times)

ilsox7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Loyola Chicago Financial Aid
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 04:11:15 PM »
Really?  If they are still using the same criteria, that puts me in contention for some money I guess.  I am 159/3.48 with some decent soft factors.  Are scholarships more about numbers than softies?

I'm really not sure.  The money Loyola gave me was less than DePaul (I think I got double the amount at DePaul).  I can't remember what Kent offered, but I do know they play the scholarship game big time and plenty of people lose their money.

I also have no idea what Loyola's numbers are now compared to when I applied.  I had some decent soft factors, so that probably played a role.

Thanks for the info.  As long as we're talking about it, do you know any law students that live in Baumhart hall?  How much does it cost to live there?  It seems like an awfully nice place and its location can't be beat.

Is that the new building right across the street from the law school?  I know a 1L there.  I think he likes it.  IIRC, it runs about $1,300 per month and that gets you a "suite" with two roommates.  I also think that includes internet and whatnot, but am not positive. 

geelpiet42

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 04:27:31 PM »
Really?  If they are still using the same criteria, that puts me in contention for some money I guess.  I am 159/3.48 with some decent soft factors.  Are scholarships more about numbers than softies?

I'm really not sure.  The money Loyola gave me was less than DePaul (I think I got double the amount at DePaul).  I can't remember what Kent offered, but I do know they play the scholarship game big time and plenty of people lose their money.

I also have no idea what Loyola's numbers are now compared to when I applied.  I had some decent soft factors, so that probably played a role.

Thanks for the info.  As long as we're talking about it, do you know any law students that live in Baumhart hall?  How much does it cost to live there?  It seems like an awfully nice place and its location can't be beat.

Is that the new building right across the street from the law school?  I know a 1L there.  I think he likes it.  IIRC, it runs about $1,300 per month and that gets you a "suite" with two roommates.  I also think that includes internet and whatnot, but am not positive. 

The amenities on the website say its really nice.  Is that rent comparable to other places in the area?  How does that compare with apartments in Wrigleyville?

ilsox7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 04:36:30 PM »
The amenities on the website say its really nice.  Is that rent comparable to other places in the area?  How does that compare with apartments in Wrigleyville?

It's more expensive than places in Lakeview.  I live on the Gold Coast, 17 minute walk from school, and have a 1 BR apartment (about 735 square feet) on LSD and pay about what the Loyola thing is.  You can find places further north for several hundred dollars per month less.  I think I have friends in Lakeview/Lincoln Park who have a 2 BR and each roommate pays around $500.  It all depends on what you're looking for.

geelpiet42

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 04:46:27 PM »
Great...thanks for the 411!

ilsox7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 04:48:40 PM »
Great...thanks for the 411!

Sure thing.  Let me know if you have any other Loyola or Chicago questions.