Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: -  (Read 3250 times)

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: ACCEPTED AT SUFFOLK UNIVERSITY 2008!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 09:52:21 AM »
St. Johns vs. Suffolk for practicing in SE Mass or Boston?  Im starting to think prestige is bull when Suffolks alumni network is so strong.  Clearly Suffolk>>>>>Hofstra, but I'm starting to lean heavily to suffolk barring NEU

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 09:55:22 AM »
Plus I can live at home...no more rent...and I mean it seems like theres an 80%+ chance Ill get in...it seems tough to refuse.

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 09:59:53 AM »
Suffolk...Just a hop on the purple line to south station.  Only problem is SO is in med school in new york, and St. Johns is literally 5 stops on the q31 down the street from our apartment.  She doesnt really understand why a better ranked law school in NY isnt as potentially good as suffolk back home, but shes from hingham and wants to return from nyc as much as I.  So it looks like I can have a career set up when she begins residency.  So many life choices, I feel nauseous about it.

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 10:21:35 AM »

hehe purple line.... ;)

When commuter rail came to middleboro, the newspaper was like "Purple Line Coming to Town...With CRIME?"

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 10:27:58 AM »
My bad, misread, its early and invoices are being done with typing.  Dont turn that down! :)

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 10:41:58 AM »
I loathe New York, want to be in SE mass again.  Leaving Mass isnt fun.

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2008, 01:54:21 PM »
So GW was an impossible app huh?  Care to share numbers?  Maybe I should send out a reach app too...

yeah, turning down St. John's for Suffolk is one thing, GW would be a little nuts...

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 02:15:44 PM »
I loathe New York, want to be in SE mass again.  Leaving Mass isnt fun.

Yeah I'm pretty attached to Mass myself, but the cold is getting to me... as is the fact that I have a ton of friends who have moved away and I have been in the area for so long, I'm starting to crave something new, I don't know.  I have no doubt in my mind I would miss it though.

Wow GW!!! Congrats!! you should definitely go! Also think if it as not 3 years but 2. B/c for your final year you could do what i'm planning on doing and finishing your final year of law school at another school as a 3rd year visiting non-metriculating student. You would take classs and network in the area you wish to practice and the credits you take at that school Suffolk or BC or whereever in boston would transfer back to your home school GW. So you would still graduate at GW but would spend your last year "studying abroad" in Boston. It is a great opportunity to network without losing your more prestigious degree.
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

cupcake315

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 08:18:11 PM »
in at Suffolk today by phone call =)... other choices are Pace, NYLS, and Pacific-McGeorge...still waiting on a bunch... no idea where I want to go out of my choices...any insight? McGeorge is pretty much out, dont want to go all the way to Cali, just applied b/c of a fee waiver.

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 11:16:26 PM »
Suffolk, Pace, and NYLS is an interesting decision - could end up being mine too.