Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: send fall grades?  (Read 2174 times)

ekm86

• View Profile
send fall grades?
« on: December 14, 2007, 02:38:14 PM »
so my grades are up for the fall semester. even though no schools have requested them yet, should i go ahead and send an updated transcript to lsac? i doubt it will raise my lsac cum gpa anymore than a few hundreths of a point, but it should go up regardless. just curious what everyone else was planning on doing. thanks yall!

viv

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: send fall grades?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 02:41:46 PM »
Yes!  Hundredths of a point can matter... plus it shows you're continuing to do well even in your last year when you could be slacking off.

joebuddencirca03

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 02:43:16 PM »
Likely a stupid question, but...you know how we had to go through an ordeal to send our initial transcripts? Di we have to do that again or can we just send them straight to LSAC?
Georgetown 1.5L

Matthew

• Sr. Citizen
  • Formerly known as /\_-=-M-=-_/\
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 02:45:52 PM »
What ordeal did you go through?
Cycle finally finished!

170/3.82
Accepted: Michigan($$), UCLA, Virginia($$), Duke($$), Georgetown, Vanderbilt($$$), Notre Dame($$$), William & Mary($$$)
Deferred: Northwestern
Waitlisted: Penn ($$)
Rejected: Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, NYU, Chicago

joebuddencirca03

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 02:49:31 PM »
Not an ordeal...but just having to print out the LSAC provided sheet and go to my school's registrar to get the document to them so that they can sign it and forward it themselves as opposed to just pressing one button on an online form and having it sent to LSAC. This is especially important to me as I am away from school this semester.
Georgetown 1.5L

Matthew

• Sr. Citizen
  • Formerly known as /\_-=-M-=-_/\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 02:50:36 PM »
Not an ordeal...but just having to print out the LSAC provided sheet and go to my school's registrar to get the document to them so that they can sign it and forward it themselves as opposed to just pressing one button on an online form and having it sent to LSAC. This is especially important to me as I am away from school this semester.

I don't believe LSAC will accept anything without the little barcoded sheets.  They reject LORs that don't have them.
Cycle finally finished!

170/3.82
Accepted: Michigan($$), UCLA, Virginia($$), Duke($$), Georgetown, Vanderbilt($$$), Notre Dame($$$), William & Mary($$$)
Deferred: Northwestern
Waitlisted: Penn ($$)
Rejected: Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, NYU, Chicago

joebuddencirca03

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 02:56:12 PM »
*Sigh*

Thanks, well, I guess my updated grades will wait until Feb.
Georgetown 1.5L

utilitarianjac

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 03:26:54 PM »
Can you not mail the form to your registrar? Or have someone else take it? I will be away from my undergrad this semester as well, but I really want my updated transcript to be sent as early as possible. I don't think an addition semester of solid grades can hurt a thing (I only have four other semesters for adcomms to look at).

watts

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 03:48:32 PM »

I don't believe LSAC will accept anything without the little barcoded sheets.  They reject LORs that don't have them.

Credited. Also, make sure your registrar checks the box on the LSAC form that indicates its an updated transcript.

gclemen1

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 05:03:10 PM »
I sent mine into LSAC today because it will raise my gpa from 3.53 to a 3.61, so its a decent little bump!