Law School Discussion

send fall grades?

Re: send fall grades?
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2007, 08:59:14 PM »
Hey guys I hope this is the right thread but here's my situation:  I've been worrying about it ever since I got my grades, though it is probably not merited.  My cumulative GPA was a 3.2.  I have been accepted to 1 school so far, the only school I've heard from. 

While I was expecting to keep my cum. gpa the same, I got some bad breaks and ended up somehow getting a 2.8.  This brought my cum. down to a 3.15.  Is this is a big deal?  Will any law schools look really down on this, or worse-- take away an acceptance? 

Also, when schools ask for a transcript midyear or at the end of the year, do they ask you or can they also go directly to the school and get an updated one without you knowing?

Like I said, this is probably unwarranted, but I want to know what everyone thinks.  Thanks.

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2007, 09:35:42 PM »
Hey guys I hope this is the right thread but here's my situation:  I've been worrying about it ever since I got my grades, though it is probably not merited.  My cumulative GPA was a 3.2.  I have been accepted to 1 school so far, the only school I've heard from. 

While I was expecting to keep my cum. gpa the same, I got some bad breaks and ended up somehow getting a 2.8.  This brought my cum. down to a 3.15.  Is this is a big deal?  Will any law schools look really down on this, or worse-- take away an acceptance? 

Also, when schools ask for a transcript midyear or at the end of the year, do they ask you or can they also go directly to the school and get an updated one without you knowing?

Like I said, this is probably unwarranted, but I want to know what everyone thinks.  Thanks.

I'm expecting to be in a similar position. I currently have exactly a 3.5 lsac gpa, but could get a 3.3 this semester, which would knock that down a little (haven't done the math yet). Do we have to send in a new transcript?

rsr28

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2007, 09:36:28 PM »
They can't get one without you knowing.

If any schools ask for an update, send it in (to only them, not to LSAC).  If not, wait until you've gotten all your decisions and send the final transcript to your matriculating school.

rsr28

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2007, 09:37:12 PM »

I'm expecting to be in a similar position. I currently have exactly a 3.5 lsac gpa, but could get a 3.3 this semester, which would knock that down a little (haven't done the math yet). Do we have to send in a new transcript?

No, you don't have to send a new 'script (until after or when you're enrolled -- in other words, it won't affect admissions decisions at that time unless you flunked out).

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2007, 09:38:44 PM »
my problem is the ONLY school that wants a new transcript asked for me to send an updated copy to LSAC. What should I do?

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2007, 09:44:51 PM »
What do we do if we already sent out apps, and the schools have requested our transcript, but we re-took the lsat in dec? how do I make sure they will get the new score- or does it get sent to the school automatically?

rsr28

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2007, 10:05:53 PM »
my problem is the ONLY school that wants a new transcript asked for me to send an updated copy to LSAC. What should I do?

What'd your GPA end up being this semester?

rsr28

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2007, 10:06:25 PM »
What do we do if we already sent out apps, and the schools have requested our transcript, but we re-took the lsat in dec? how do I make sure they will get the new score- or does it get sent to the school automatically?

LSAC automatically sends updated reports (for free) to any school that has already gotten a report (i.e. wherever you are complete).

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2007, 10:12:27 PM »

What'd your GPA end up being this semester?

My grades still haven't posted. I think it might be a 3.4

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2007, 10:17:19 PM »
So what is the consensus on gpa after acceptance?  In my case, I had a 3.2, got a 2.8 last semester, and am now at a 3.15 cumulative.  Is there any danger of schools taking away my acceptance, or am i just worrying too much?