Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: suspense & you  (Read 1791 times)

M2

Re: suspense & you
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2004, 12:14:14 AM »
If I get rejected at my top schools I might not go to LS right now.

I may take off a few years and travel/work and then decide.

long_gone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2004, 12:15:31 AM »
Yeah, I go back and forth between that and thinking "I'm a smart girl, I should be able to get into a top school".

We'll see which one I'll be when the decision letters start arriving.

EKC

I was thinking about that today. Will people continue posting if they get rejected at their top schools?

Also, if all of you that are Yale obsessed get into Yale, are you going to hang out? Maybe get a house/apartment together or something? 

Hehe.

Heh, I'll take whoever I can get.  As long as I get into one of my choices I am openning a bottle of champagne.

Even IF (and I'm sure you will) you don't get into your top choices, this doesn't mean you aren't a smart girl.  You're still very bright regardless, I'm sure  :)
No longer here.

absy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2004, 12:46:46 AM »
I will post all of my rejections as well.

If I get rejected/waitlisted at all my top 5 (maybe top 3), I may go hide out for a while and commiserate on my own.  Then get myself psyched up about my newfound dream school and head off and away.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2004, 01:28:12 AM »
I'll post my rejections, probably.  Might as well.  I'd want to tell where I'm going to see who else is going there, and you'd probably be able to guess where I didn't get in based on that, so I might as well come clean.

I got into every UG I applied to as well, but I didn't aim all that high.  I wish I had aimed a little higher, though I don't know what difference it would have made since I chose UCI over UCLA and Berkeley.  My parents wouldn't let me go out of state :(
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

M2

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2004, 01:30:26 AM »
I only applied to two UGs...and got into one of them
I had a 2.1 or so GPA in HS, and did "ok" on the SATs...

I guess this is why I am applying to 14-18 schools now lol

Stroopwafel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2004, 02:44:44 AM »
The suspense is killing me. And we have somewhere between 4 - 6 months to go.

I just want to find and be accepted at a school where I can be happy, succeed, and find some sense of fulfillment. I simply want to be of service to humanity. Unfortunately ultimate service to humanity demands excellence, but never promises happiness.

I've been working as a professional for the past seven years and I miss the intellectual stimulation. I miss the challenges of learning something really difficult and the thrill when you finally understand. I feel that Law is the source code for society.

Law school seems like an ultimate challenge. I just want to be put in the crucible, just to see the impurities bled off.

A law school dean I spoke with told me flatly that a majority of people applying last year, this and next year are going to be "victims of timing". When I asked him to clarify he stated that a lot of people that would normally be able to go, or that would be able to have more choice are not getting as many chances this year, primarily due to the record volumes. He said that currently the trend is, apart from GPA and LSAT, its also simply a matter of "who wants it the most."

It was a pretty sobering and inspiring conversation.
Rest not. Life is sweeping by; go and dare before you die. Something mighty and sublime, leave behind to conquer time.

-Goethe

Candide

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2004, 03:30:06 AM »

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2004, 10:34:32 AM »
I'm pretty psyched to see where everyone ends up going.

It'll be really cool to have some friends from on here who end up going to Yale or Harvard... I know some of you will! 

ZAP

GentleTim

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.45/175
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2004, 10:42:14 AM »
I'm curious too.  I'll be particularly curious to see which groups of people end up at the same schools.

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2004, 10:46:23 AM »
I'm curious too.  I'll be particularly curious to see which groups of people end up at the same schools.

Yeah, I've thought about that too.  I wonder if we'd all get along in real life, or if it would be totally different.

ZAP