Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I'll bet $20 that Dec Scores Come Out by Friday the 21st  (Read 1570 times)

nateDgr8

• Slightly Obsessed
    • View Profile
I'll bet $20 that Dec Scores Come Out by Friday the 21st
« on: December 11, 2007, 09:27:45 AM »
From the LSAC website:

"The Law School Admission Council offices will be closed from December 22, 2007 through January 1, 2008. The LSAC.org website will available. Users should make every effort to resolve time-critical activities that may require assistance, such as file holds, testing accommodations, or electronic applications, by the close of business on December 21."

Now why would they hold the December LSAT scores for 10 days while the offices are closed for the holidays and few if any of the LSAC folks working...

AkhilAmar

• Sr. Citizen
  • Need lots of good karma!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: I'll bet $20 that Dec Scores Come Out by Friday the 21st
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 11:16:48 AM »

you are asking why the people behind the LSAT would want to torture prospective law students?

the answer is simple: LSAC is a terrorist organization that is on an academic gihad to destroy the apsirations of students.

ok maybe that's a little strong, but would you really put it passed them?
UGPA: 3.8

LSAT: Dec. '07

Dream school: Michigan!

Martin Prince, Jr.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Excelsior!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 12:57:10 PM »
Word. Also, that's pretty progressive company policy. good on them.
Rising 1L

stewie griffin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 12:58:52 PM »
From the LSAC website:

"The Law School Admission Council offices will be closed from December 22, 2007 through January 1, 2008. The LSAC.org website will available. Users should make every effort to resolve time-critical activities that may require assistance, such as file holds, testing accommodations, or electronic applications, by the close of business on December 21."

Now why would they hold the December LSAT scores for 10 days while the offices are closed for the holidays and few if any of the LSAC folks working...

Agreed.  Here's hoping you're right!
Temple University Beasley School of Law 2011

you fine american.

Final record: 5-1-4

BLUE EYED MONSTER

• See. It's a giant hat. It's funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 01:31:10 PM »
Last year they came out on the 21st. I doubt that they will change it this year.

Dizzle

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ahhsprewyou
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 02:21:08 PM »
Your LSAC E-mail date says 1/2/08.

Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 02:32:46 PM »
does this mean that when the scores come out on the 21st, schools wont know about the until the 2nd????
Wallace Stevens: "BLAHHHH you and I are like the same person."

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 02:43:25 PM »
does this mean that when the scores come out on the 21st, schools wont know about the until the 2nd????

Once scores have been released the schools you applied to have access to them.  Even if the schools don't get them until the 2nd it probably would not matter anyway.  I doubt the adcoms are going to be doing much of anything between X-mas and new years. 

doesn't LSAC have to send an additional report?  How does informing schools of 2nd score work exactly jeffort?

DerekShiHarvard

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 03:01:51 PM »
I hope so, all my friends (and you posters) are starting to get on my nerves with their nervousness about their score  ;)
Links:
PowerScore Bibles
Law School Numbers
LSAT Proctor DVD

The shadow proves the sunshine - press on fellow applicants!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 03:31:33 PM »

Once scores have been released the schools you applied to have access to them.  Even if the schools don't get them until the 2nd it probably would not matter anyway.  I doubt the adcoms are going to be doing much of anything between X-mas and new years. 

doesn't LSAC have to send an additional report?  How does informing schools of 2nd score work exactly jeffort?

It goes like this: 
ring ring ring. 
'Hello, Yale Law School admissions office.'
'Hey dudes, this is LSAC, BLAHHHH took the LSAT again and got another score.  She got a 179.  You should admit her'
'Thanx for the update.  Doing anything fun for the holidays LSAC?'
'You know, the usual. Torturing people that want to go to law school.  We're thinking about creating a computer problem for our online services that will happen while the office is closed for the holidays so that it wont be fixed until January, what do you think?'
'Sounds good, here at Yale we saved up a bunch of denial letters and are going to mail them so the students get them right before X-mas.  We have another batch to send out right before new years.  It's our way of spreading some holiday cheer.'
'Sounds good, and you should send the rejection letters in the big envelopes to mess with them a little more before they open it.'
'Hey LSAC, nothing gets past us here at Yale, we already put them in the big envelopes, good call though.'
'Nice work.  Happy holiday torturing, gotta make more calls, BLAHHHH applied to 16 other schools, grab her while she is still on the market.'
'Ok, we'll think about it.  Bye'
click

Seriously though, I think schools have electronic access to your LSDAS report.  I read that somewhere in stuff on the LSAC web page.  I think they have made things more efficient and with less paper, sending stuff in the mail, etc.  Streamlining the process type of stuff.  I'm not sure how the schools get alerted about a second score.

To be safe, once scores come out, call the schools and tell them that you got another score and request that they note it in your file and see if they will do it. Also tell the person that your file is now complete and ready for review.  Who knows, maybe that could help push it into the stack that gets reviewed sooner.   Plus, calling shows interest in the school and shows that you are staying on top of things.  It is possible to get adcomm members on the phone at some schools if you try.  They remember stuff and when discussing candidates in committee I would guess that stuff like that might be mentioned.   

'Committee members, what do you guys think of BLAHHHH?'
'I talked to her on the phone last week.  She let me know that her second LSAT had been released, that was pretty responsible of her.'

1st off, love the conversation.

2nd off, not applying to yale

3rd off, thank you jeffort

4th off, i'm not a she

5th off, i'm a he