Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question regarding Transcripts  (Read 888 times)

broach911

• View Profile
    • Email
Question regarding Transcripts
« on: December 10, 2007, 10:28:30 PM »
I plan on applying to Law School in the fall, ergo, I was thinking of sending my transcripts to the LSAC at the end of summer, beginning of fall in order to get my gpa up through summer classes. My question is will the LSAC automatically ask for you transcripts in the semesters following your application. In other words will my fall semester and spring semester be taken into account at all? If I send my transcripts with a 3.3 and do well in fall and spring to get it to a 3.5 will it be worth anything?

oh noze

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Question regarding Transcripts
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 07:12:34 AM »
They're not going to ASK for any transcripts. However, if you have your school send your Fall and Spring transcripts in, they will be taken into account and reflected in your LSDAS GPA.

broach911

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 07:04:38 PM »
But if I send them after the summer, and apply to law school, then send them in again in December, will I have to pay a fee again for the LSAC to send all my information. And will it just be added to whatever file the law schools have, or will it be a whole new application, that will be considered late. Hypothetically speaking if I apply in the summer and find out I got wait listed in late November, and then I send in my new transcripts in December with Law Schools look at them?

devingymnast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 07:30:09 PM »
No you don't have to pay any add'l fees. LSAC automatically updates reports to a LS after they've already sent a first report to that LS. It will just be added as an updated report to whatever file the law schools have on you. If you apply in the summer and send in new transcripts, they may or may not look at them if they've already reviewed your application. If you're waitlisted, I'd think they might be more willing to take a look at your updated transcript if you call / email them to alert them to your update (without being obnoxious).