Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Who should win the America's Most Smartest Model competition?

Andrei
 1 (50%)
VJ
 1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: America's Most Smartest Model  (Read 843 times)

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: America's Most Smartest Model
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 12:35:48 PM »
i don't know if she's necessarily faking bi, but i think the producers probably had a hand in the even-gender-ratio eliminations.  i used to work as a production assistant on a few reality shows (home redesign, not dating), and some degree of "tweaking the natural" was often involved.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
  • And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 12:43:17 PM »
Aussie Rachel was the best.

Andrei doesn't even speak Russian!  Someone tried to speak to him and he couldn't respond (even after JUST having claimed to be fluent).  And someone should tell him that the Soviet Union collapsed because it sucked.

As for Tila...   boring.  I think that she is faking being bi so she could star on her own show.

We agree that Rachel was best.

Andrei does speak Russian. I have heard him speak fluent Russian in an interview before.

The Soviet Union did not collapse because it "sucked", it collapsed because of horrible mismanagement during the war in Afghanistan and the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. The collapse of the Soviet Union was the single largest geopolitical catastrophe since the rise of the third reich, and almost all of the political instability and wars that have gone on in the past two decades can be directly linked to it's collapse.

I don't blame Andrei for supporting the USSR. To Soviet kids of that era (self included), the Soviet Union is all we knew, and the emergence of the post-soviet states seems illegitimate to us. That being said, the lifestyle in the USSR did suck. But the lifestyle in any modern day post-soviet "republic" in that region sucks even more.

I agree with you about Tila faking it.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 12:53:50 PM »
There was the "birthday" episode where they all went to a bar for that one guys b-day.  Mary Alice sent local big shots to the same place and then the contestants were brought into a room and judged on how well they networked.  Andrei made some comment about not speaking English very well because he was Russian and was fluent in 3 languages (Russian, Ukrainian, and something else).  One of the guest networking people busted out in Russian and Andrei froze.  Then he started making excuses saying that he had forgotten a lot of his Russian.  Go watch the episode again if you don't believe me. 

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 01:01:17 PM »
There was the "birthday" episode where they all went to a bar for that one guys b-day.  Mary Alice sent local big shots to the same place and then the contestants were brought into a room and judged on how well they networked.  Andrei made some comment about not speaking English very well because he was Russian and was fluent in 3 languages (Russian, Ukrainian, and something else).  One of the guest networking people busted out in Russian and Andrei froze.  Then he started making excuses saying that he had forgotten a lot of his Russian.  Go watch the episode again if you don't believe me. 
I haven't seen that episode, but I have seen an interview with him on the TV guide channel where he said quite a bit in fluent Russian. Is it possible that the person he was talking to in that episode was either not speaking correct Russian himself or was speaking a regional dialect?

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 01:06:45 PM »
Possibly, but then Andrei would have called her on it.  Of course, Andrei might have been too drunk to be so keen. 

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 01:08:17 PM »
Possibly, but then Andrei would have called her on it.  Of course, Andrei might have been too drunk to be so keen. 
He's also not the sharpest tool in the shed.

It's just that VJ is a total male private part. I really don't like that guy.

westside

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 12:17:37 AM »
I hate him but I think VJ is a better model, if you don't consider the fact that he has less experience as a model than Andre.  I want Andre to win though.

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 12:23:28 AM »
I hate him but I think VJ is a better model, if you don't consider the fact that he has less experience as a model than Andre.  I want Andre to win though.
In what way is he a better model? He is a better spokesmodel because Andrei is FOB, but otherwise?