Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Entering other than fall  (Read 1622 times)

hdsteele

• View Profile
    • Email
Entering other than fall
« on: March 17, 2004, 02:15:39 PM »
Anybody have/know of a list of schools that let you enter 1st year in spring or summer?  Its a pain searching them all....

Anti_Ivy

Re: Entering other than fall
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 02:22:07 PM »
For full-time law programs, Michigan (top 10) will let students start in the summer.  South Texas (tier 4) allows spring admissions.  I'm not aware of any sites that have lists. 

Try lawschoolafterdark.com (??)

Supposedly that site has a lot of info.

Sorry I can't be of much help.

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 08:39:36 PM »
i went to lawschoolafterdark.com today and found SOOO much info there, steele. i even found out that john marshall now has a law school down in atlanta as well as chicago!

but they do have a very good listing of schools with part time and evening programs so i'm sure some of those schools allow entry different times of the year. i only know that Cooley in MI offers summer, fall, or spring enrollment. i would definitely say to check out the website though.

good luck to you!

aj :)

Revenant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 12:10:03 AM »
I applied to 24 schools scattered throughout the top two tiers and only UMich and Cardozo offered summer starts from the ones I picked.  Hope this helps!

lawschoolafterdark

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School After Dark
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 09:17:07 AM »
Thanks for the plugs guys.

AJ,
John Marshall Chicago and Atlanta are not related.  they just have the same name.  Odd but true. JM Atlanta is non-ABA.

Steele,
Lots of schools have starts other than fall.  Very few first tier schools seem to do that.  They don't have to be overly customer oriented to get good applicants.  However, Alabama has a limited enrollment summer program.  They usually offer that to non-traditional students and students who were on the bubble with the LSAT. If the section is not filled they open it up to others. 
If you can tell me what area of the country you are looking for , I may have some suggestions. 

Good Luck.

hdsteele

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 03:35:16 PM »
My first choice is Stetson since I own a home in Bradenton/Sarasota area.  They start all semesters. However, while I would like to think I will get in at Stetson there are certainly no guarantees because of my GPA.  Beyond that I would prefer to be in Florida since that is ultimately where I would like to practice.  I plan on moving to wherever to attend LS and would prefer moving down there due to family, house, etc.  Beggars cant be chosers though! 

SElaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 10:40:13 PM »
The University of Florida has Spring admissions - although they are in the process of phasing it out. This is what their website says they will be doing with Fall/Spring admissions over the next two years.

* Spring 2005 - 200 students admitted
* Fall 2005 - 200 students admitted
* Spring 2006 - 100 students admitted
(selected from Fall 2005 pool)
* Fall 2006 - 400 students admitted
No further Spring enrollments

MzTee99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2004, 06:26:04 PM »
Golden Gate offers Spring Admissions!