Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why are the Clintons so popular in the black community?  (Read 2971 times)

doublehoo22

• View Profile
Re: Why are the Clintons so popular in the black community?
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »
I have heard a lot of people in the community say that they "just don't think Obama is ready yet" which is why they are supporting Clinton.  This always gets me because Clinton has only been in the Senate 4 years longer than Obama.  When it comes to elected office, Obama has had more experience than Clinton.  He was in the Illinois legislature for seven years, bringing his total elected experience up to ten years compared to seven for Clinton.  If she wants to count her time as First Lady then she needs to explicitly say so and explain what she did policy wise that was so admirable.  Of course there is her health care reform proposal, but that failed and contributed to the Democrats losing Congress and being relegated to minority status in the House for over a decade.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 04:08:36 PM »
I have heard a lot of people in the community say that they "just don't think Obama is ready yet" which is why they are supporting Clinton.  This always gets me because Clinton has only been in the Senate 4 years longer than Obama.  When it comes to elected office, Obama has had more experience than Clinton.  He was in the Illinois legislature for seven years, bringing his total elected experience up to ten years compared to seven for Clinton.  If she wants to count her time as First Lady then she needs to explicitly say so and explain what she did policy wise that was so admirable.  Of course there is her health care reform proposal, but that failed and contributed to the Democrats losing Congress and being relegated to minority status in the House for over a decade.

credited
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2007, 04:26:45 PM »

Yes, I completely agree with this. People who think experience is the main issue need to be supporting one of the second-tier candidates. This election is about who offers the best vision and values to help build one America. ;D

Obama?
Look to the left -- Look to the right

doublehoo22

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2007, 04:42:57 PM »
In all honesty, Bill Richardson probably has some of the best credentials but has little chance at winning the primary.

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2007, 07:53:04 PM »

Yes, I completely agree with this. People who think experience is the main issue need to be supporting one of the second-tier candidates. This election is about who offers the best vision and values to help build one America. ;D

Obama?

Obama.
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.