Law School Discussion

papercranes

• Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
« on: December 08, 2007, 09:32:15 AM »

Re: ITT we console papercranes, who has heard nothing from nobody
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 09:42:33 AM »
I think I know someone who can share your pain...

http://emoeeyore.ytmnd.com/

Don't worry - I think you'll be getting a couple of early Christmas presents that will turn that frown upside down!

gclemen1

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 10:04:56 AM »
PCranes, don't worry about it...your numbers are very good and you will start getting in places soon!  Its only Dec. and many schools don't even start to LOOK at apps till January!!

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 10:36:29 AM »
Dearest Cranes,

If you've heard nothing from nobody, have you instead heard everything from everyone??!?!?

::sulks with cranes::

Sincerely Yours,

BLAHHHH

Tetris

• Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 10:56:44 AM »
This thread I created was pretty self-centered and overly dramatic. Don't feel down. (range.http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,98135.0.html)

With your stats, I'd say your lock for at least some schools in the 30-15 range. Maybe even a T14 with the right soft factors. So don't be down.

Besides. Remember, the old? adage! "Save... the best. For last?!"

gclemen1

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 11:04:16 AM »
PCranes, don't worry about it...your numbers are very good and you will start getting in places soon!  Its only Dec. and many schools don't even start to LOOK at apps till January!!

I doubt that this is true.  Can you name any schools?

check LSN decision dates for all 190 law schools  ;D

lol.  True dat.

Here in Georgia, Both Emory and Ga. State don't start looking at Apps till Jan. 1st

gclemen1

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 11:52:37 AM »
Both of you have no need to worry.  Both of your numbers are excellent and plenty of schools want you.  This board is bad because there are a bunch of overachievers here...Most people haven't event turned their apps in, you will start finding out soon!!

BearlyLegal

• And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 11:53:55 AM »
I just got my first response. Dinged by Columbia ED. Great way to start the cycle.  :-[

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 12:04:05 PM »
Don't worry papercranes. You will definitely get into more than a handful of schools of your list. It's not time to start distressing just yet...you still have the rest of December and I'll be surprised if you still didn't hear anything by new years!

BearlyLegal

• And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 12:04:54 PM »
The only school that you might have heard back from yet is William & Mary.  I think Reezy got a scholarship there, so you're in good shape.

Every other school on the list is going to take a little time.

And apparently your soft factors were good.  Like 8 people picked you to go to Michigan after reading your essays.  Most of my votes were for Emory.

I think your biggest mistake was failing to capitalize on the fee waivers.  I, on the other hand, strategically applied to schools that would let me in right away.

And what's this about definitely hearing back from BC in a week?  Do I count as well?  (I submitted apps just a few days later)
BC? Care to elaborate?