Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My law school nightmare  (Read 1296 times)

JMFM2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
My law school nightmare
« on: December 08, 2007, 09:03:21 AM »
I know everyone thinks that LS apps are a nightmare, but last night, I had an actual LS nightmare:

In the first part of the dream that I can remember, I am standing in the post office with a delivery guy, waiting for him to put my mail away.  The part of the postman is played by (who else?) Kevin Spacey.  (Note: He's shown up in my dreams before, so this isn't all that strange.)

He hands me one letter and goes outside.  The letter is from Stanford, and it is like 20 pages long.  I start scanning it for good news/bad news-- but there is both.  I can't figure out if it is an acceptance or not.  There's stuff in the letter about a car accident I was just in and about Christmas and about the place I used to work when I was in high school.  There are notes about my acceptance but also a lot of "we only have room for so many slots, and this denial isn't an indication of your unworthiness" babble.  So I get frustrated and start to leave the post office.  Meanwhile, Kevin Spacey snatches the letter from my hands (?) and locks me inside the lobby of the post office.  He gets in my car and drives away, leaving me to forever ponder that letter and what it truly meant.   Creepy, right?

Of course, I also had a nightmare last night about my future mother in law redecorating my apartment.  I think maybe the set of margaritas before bedtime was a bad choice?

CandyMonster

• Sr. Citizen
  • Gimme candy!!!
    • View Profile
Re: My law school nightmare
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 09:32:03 AM »
Wow, that was pretty weird.

I had one a couple of weeks ago. It was the first day of classes and everyone was heading off to their classrooms and I'm just standing in the middle of the hall looking confused. Apparently I had missed orientation. So I finally get my schedule together and make it to my class. It's being taught by one of my favorite professors. He immediately begins to drill me about the reading we had last night, which of course I hadn't read. Then he hands the class another 50 pages to read in class in order to answer a 20 page questionnaire. Everyone finishes up in 1/2 an hour and I'm still struggling to get through the reading. I still hadn't finished the assignment an hour later. Class was over so the prof took my half finished assignment while shaking his head in disappointment. I was very sad when I woke up.  :'(
2007-2008 cycle
Accepted (in order): Duke, Harvard, UMich, Yale, Cornell, UVa, UPenn
Pending: Stanford, NYU, Columbia

bachja13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 10:41:55 AM »
A few months ago, I had a classic "which path to choose" dream. For the past year, I've lived in a somewhat rural area of New Jersey where roads are sometimes unmarked and GPS isn't all that helpful. In my dream, my car had died and I was forced to find my way home on foot. Cabs were going by but the drivers kept telling me my house was too far north for them to go. My cell phone crumbled in my hands. I kept walking and eventually came to a road that forked but wasn't shown on the paper map I held. Then I woke up.

LineOfBestFit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 10:47:02 AM »

I had one a couple of weeks ago. It was the first day of classes and everyone was heading off to their classrooms and I'm just standing in the middle of the hall looking confused. Apparently I had missed orientation. So I finally get my schedule together and make it to my class. It's being taught by one of my favorite professors. He immediately begins to drill me about the reading we had last night, which of course I hadn't read. Then he hands the class another 50 pages to read in class in order to answer a 20 page questionnaire. Everyone finishes up in 1/2 an hour and I'm still struggling to get through the reading. I still hadn't finished the assignment an hour later. Class was over so the prof took my half finished assignment while shaking his head in disappointment. I was very sad when I woke up.  :'(

Were you by any chance at Yale?

CandyMonster

• Sr. Citizen
  • Gimme candy!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 10:58:52 AM »

Were you by any chance at Yale?

No. It wasn't any law school in particular. But the prof was a Yale Law alum.  :D
2007-2008 cycle
Accepted (in order): Duke, Harvard, UMich, Yale, Cornell, UVa, UPenn
Pending: Stanford, NYU, Columbia

JMFM2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 12:33:24 PM »
I know everyone thinks that LS apps are a nightmare, but last night, I had an actual LS nightmare:

In the first part of the dream that I can remember, I am standing in the post office with a delivery guy, waiting for him to put my mail away.  The part of the postman is played by (who else?) Kevin Spacey.  (Note: He's shown up in my dreams before, so this isn't all that strange.)

He hands me one letter and goes outside.  The letter is from Stanford, and it is like 20 pages long.  I start scanning it for good news/bad news-- but there is both.  I can't figure out if it is an acceptance or not.  There's stuff in the letter about a car accident I was just in and about Christmas and about the place I used to work when I was in high school.  There are notes about my acceptance but also a lot of "we only have room for so many slots, and this denial isn't an indication of your unworthiness" babble.  So I get frustrated and start to leave the post office.  Meanwhile, Kevin Spacey snatches the letter from my hands (?) and locks me inside the lobby of the post office.  He gets in my car and drives away, leaving me to forever ponder that letter and what it truly meant.   Creepy, right?

Of course, I also had a nightmare last night about my future mother in law redecorating my apartment.  I think maybe the set of margaritas before bedtime was a bad choice?

You regularly dream about Kevin Spacey?   ;)

No, I wouldn't say THAT.  I have a cast of middle aged Hollywood men that make the rounds in my dreams.  Sometimes it's Johnny, sometimes George.  They always play such mundane parts, though.  The wicked mailman was probably the most interesting role Kevin Spacey's had in ages. :)

I can has lauskul!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 01:19:44 PM »
*Cries plagiarism*  :o

Bill Devasher

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 01:30:38 PM »
Last night I had two dreams. In the first, me and the lunatic with long white hair chased down Mitch McDeere and apprehended him before he gave what he had to the feds, saving Bendini, Lambert, and Locke from being exposed. In the second, Liberty Mutual asked me to do another commercial and gave me a contract extension.

What do you think I am around here, a night watchman?

Navlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - merspice18
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 01:33:32 PM »
I had a dream the other night that I had gotten a big package in the mail from my number one school. I kept tryiny to open it but my dad would keep interupting me. He would not let me open it and all I wanted to do was see if I had gotten in.
Quote from: IrrX
Hey, you don't want to push me in Nav's direction. That wonderful hair color and a uniform to boot, are you kidding me? :D
Quote from: mbw
Uh oh.  You'd better be careful - do you really want Nav mad at you?

JMFM2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 03:26:22 PM »
*Cries plagiarism*  :o

If any of this is plagarized, my brain did it without the rest of me knowing.  :)

That said, I'm intrigued.  What do you mean?

Edit: I was accidentally British there for a second.  Aparantly "plagarised" is spelled with a "z."