Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ITT: A law school slacker answers all of your questions...  (Read 8414 times)

ilsox7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: ITT: A law school slacker answers all of your questions...
« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2007, 11:55:57 PM »
Okay then.  Knowing "of people" who had trouble = "very good chance" there will be trouble in admissions.  I don't think recent alcohol offenses will have no effect.  And I know there will be C&F issues.

I was really curious about whether you had some... study or something.

Nope.  No study.  I just think it's ignorant to think that the 3 offenses will not have an impact on his chances.  And I think if someone applies to, say, 15 school, he will get a ding or two he wouldn't have received without the alcohol stuff.

The Character and Fitness thing will be a female dog, though.  That's a given.  Which also makes law schools nervous.

ilsox7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2007, 11:59:39 PM »
Nope.  No study.  I just think it's ignorant to think that the 3 offenses will not have an impact on his chances. And I think if someone applies to, say, 15 school, he will get a ding or two he wouldn't have received without the alcohol stuff.

The Character and Fitness thing will be a female dog, though.  That's a given.  Which also makes law schools nervous.

I see.

Didn't mean to direct the ignorance comment toward you.  I was directing that to the folks that said there wouldn't be an issue if it's explained away properly.  You can talk until you're blue in the face, but if a school does not like what it sees, it won't matter what an addendum says.

ilsox7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2007, 12:04:51 AM »
Nope.  No study.  I just think it's ignorant to think that the 3 offenses will not have an impact on his chances. And I think if someone applies to, say, 15 school, he will get a ding or two he wouldn't have received without the alcohol stuff.

I see.

Didn't mean to direct the ignorance comment toward you.  I was directing that to the folks that said there wouldn't be an issue if it's explained away properly.  You can talk until you're blue in the face, but if a school does not like what it sees, it won't matter what an addendum says.

I think it was meant to be kind of glib.  Funny, even.  No?

It's difficult to tell on a message board.  But when it's said that there should be no more posts on the subject b/c a good addendum will make things good, I felt the need to chime back in.  I think a lot of people here underestimate how anal and weird law schools can be.  For instance, my school has a question on the application that requires the applicant to disclose any speeding tickets.  There were many people in my class who just glossed over that question and answered no.  During 1L, when it was brought to their attention, those students had to go in front of a board of professors/admins to explain why they deceived the school on their application.  An official letter was then placed in their file, which will also be submitted to the Bar.  Will any of this prevent them from passing the Character and Fitness?  Highly unlikely.  But it demonstrates just how messed up schools can be with certain things.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
  • Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2007, 12:07:06 AM »
Due, you're stinking up the thread.  There isn't much resistance to your point, even though you clearly overstated it.

Now let's get back to the slacking.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

ilsox7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2007, 12:09:44 AM »
Due, you're stinking up the thread.  There isn't much resistance to your point, even though you clearly overstated it.

The irony of someone complaining about threads on LSD being hijacked is great.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2007, 12:11:36 AM »

Really?  I haven't been around long enough to notice.

??? ??? ???

::)

Point is not that there's a hijack.  Point is that it's boring. 

Your arguments are boring.

You're boring.

Move on.  Talk about something else.  Slacking, whatever.  Just stop reiterating your fishbone argument.
J, if you didn't bring enough penis for everyone, you shouldn't have brought any penis at all. 

ilsox7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2007, 12:14:47 AM »

Really?  I haven't been around long enough to notice.

??? ??? ???

::)

Point is not that there's a hijack.  Point is that it's boring. 

Your arguments are boring.

You're boring.

Move on.  Talk about something else.  Slacking, whatever.  Just stop reiterating your fishbone argument.

I'll keep posting here just to bore you.

Astro

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2007, 12:17:25 AM »
That's better.

The Count

• The Don Juan of S. St.
    • View Profile
    • ~LSD~
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2007, 12:33:50 AM »

*sips a luke warm cup of fair-trade organic Columbian coffee. slowly nods head in appreciation of the OP's stellar slacking abilities*
How many times must I slap you before I get my money? One! Two! Two slaps, HA! HA! HA!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TheCount

ilsox7

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2007, 12:35:24 AM »

*sips a luke warm cup of fair-trade organic Columbian coffee. slowly nods head in appreciation of the OP's stellar slacking abilities*
I'm still disappointed the OP does old exams.  That's a really boring way to spend 3 hours.