Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CLEO  (Read 936 times)

domin_r_rican

• View Profile
CLEO
« on: December 07, 2007, 09:20:08 PM »
Anyone know how CLEO (Council on Legal Educational Opportunity) works in regards to law school placement?  I was just accepted Early Admission to the summer 2008 program and I was curious as to how they actually assist with placement? Thanks!

Re: CLEO
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 10:05:16 AM »
Yes, I was accepted to CLEO last year.  When you filled out the application, they ask you to list 8 schools I believe.  They will contact the school and let them know that you will be attending the summer institute.  Some schools may than hold your file and review it after you complete the program.  Some programs will give you a conditional admittance.  You can also contact schools and let them know that you will be completing the CLEO program and ask for a conditional admittance.  I did not complete the program but gained conditional admittances and U of Arizona requested my CLEO evaluations.  I believe had I completed the program, U of A would have accepted me..

I can has lauskul!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 01:16:31 PM »

Call now!   :D

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 01:49:42 PM »
Anyone know how CLEO (Council on Legal Educational Opportunity) works in regards to law school placement?  I was just accepted Early Admission to the summer 2008 program and I was curious as to how they actually assist with placement? Thanks!

Auto admit.
_______
.|E|R|S.

domin_r_rican

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 01:55:05 PM »
Yes, I was accepted to CLEO last year.  When you filled out the application, they ask you to list 8 schools I believe.  They will contact the school and let them know that you will be attending the summer institute.  Some schools may than hold your file and review it after you complete the program.  Some programs will give you a conditional admittance.  You can also contact schools and let them know that you will be completing the CLEO program and ask for a conditional admittance.  I did not complete the program but gained conditional admittances and U of Arizona requested my CLEO evaluations.  I believe had I completed the program, U of A would have accepted me..

Ok, i understand.  Im going to do that.  Did you go through the program and did not finish or was it that you did not start the program at all?  Just wondering?

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 09:43:07 AM »
I was accepted, paid all the fees, and was set to go. My grandmother passed away and I had a lot to take care of. So I did not start the program...

chioma23

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 11:38:53 AM »
 Do you have to be fully accepted or conditionally into lawschool in order to get accepted into cleo?

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 11:43:48 AM »
they have to reasonably believe that you will be accepted to a law school after the completion of the program to let you in. So you don't have to be accepted to go, but your numbers have to be high enough so they know you will be able to go somewhere.

chioma23

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 11:48:45 AM »
what scores do they typically look for...gpa /lsat

ohstacey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 11:57:36 AM »

Ok, i understand.  Im going to do that.  Did you go through the program and did not finish or was it that you did not start the program at all?  Just wondering?

Dominirican, Congrats on the CLEO acceptance!

When did you apply to CLEO? I also applied before the early admission deadline, but received a letter from them saying I probably wouldn't hear anything else about acceptance until January 2008. Just curious as to when they received your app.
Here we go again!
Yes:
No: Jones
WL: Mercer
Pending: GSU,UGA,Bama,Samford